The official Project thread of Stevezasycho *7/24/06: Engine Pics!! 56k- NO!!*

Dirty Rockstar

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH WHITE CUTTY IN INTENSIVE CARE !!

:cry: And all the kings horses and all the kings men, couldn't put Humpty together again.

I hope you do better than the king and his men pabz. :smile:

I plan to cut the roof off as close to the door sills and windows I can..

..Also, as a note, I was wandering through Menard's (Pronounced Maynerd's for those in the know) and I saw Digrinders starting a 45 bucks.. Sawzalls, or "Reciprocating Saws" also for 45.. I'm gonna pick a Digrinder up and go get my roof.. After that, I'll need a welding torch and some rods.. Or I'll have my body shop weld it back in..

..I don't know if this is a key thing or not, but I plan to measure the distances from the doors to the roof opening, windshield and back window to the roof opening on the donor car to ensure it gets realigned properly.. And so it looks good.. Duh.. hehe..

So, I'll have a digrinder in my tool cache soon.. Sweet..

thats good steve I personally would take out the windows and make the car a convertable by cutting the roof off from the support pillars then work with the roof off the car...... not your lumina of course i mean the j/y doner car :lol:

Are you planning to use the roof? or just the bracket?

There is alot more adhesive around the perimeter of the roof that will make it harder to remove unless you plan to cut through everything like cutlsp says.

My intent for the adhesive was to somehow slide a blade of some kind through it, and cut it out slowly.. Or even better, something like a windshield removal tool to slice through the adhesive..

..I plan to cut the roof at the posts at the yard, and take my time and do it right when I get the roof back to the project house..

• 2 months later...

Well, I have the motor torn down to the block..

I have pics, but my internet connection is being a bitch.. I pinged a few different sites, but the freakin thing is takin over 700 miliseconds to transfer data packets, so something is wrong.. I am suspecting either the modem or my network adapter.. Oh well.. As soon as I can get pics to properly upload, I will upload them all and post them..

Teaser: I got this damn pic uploaded and it took me about an hour.. Even through my IM windo, the UL rate was not even 5 KB! :willynilly:

eed1f937.jpg

Memcal will NOT be needed.. I am running OBD2 now, and will be able to completely tune the transmission control out of the system, and also allow for my 6 speed manual :twisted:

Thanks for the offer, and the MEMCAL would need to be from a 3.1 5 speed for a manual swap, or from an auto for an auto swap..