new subs.

ShockTherapy

well, i got them in. now i'm done with my cheap and stealthy blingin' audio setup.

2 12 inch insignia subs at 150W x 2 RMS (300 peak)

1 insignia amp at 200W x 2 RMS @ 2 ohms

scosche 1.25 cubic foot boxes

scosche 4 ga. wiring kit.

stock premium speakers.

stock premium cd headunit.

not bad for $225 total.

bump1.jpg

bump.jpg

and i have video of everything bumping at a scosh under half volume.

http://sysblue.net/schoeckelt/bumps.mpg

i had mine firing upwards and it sounded like ass, hope yours sound good like that. If i were you Tim i'd put the amp on the back of the box, or even mout it to the X brace thats behind the seat, i did that with my last amp and it worked great. Looks good!

Lookin good Timmy.. The Insignias aren't choice #1 for me, but they do sound nice when you're on a budget.. If you ever wanna have em point ot the back, return your box that's too big and pick up the QLogic double box Best Buy has.. Like I said, sunds awesome, and nice song choice :cool:

I have done SPL tests in my car with different box directions on the Termlab pressure sensor. These numbers are in refference to the main way I point my box which is to the back.

Pointing forward was 1.6 db lower.

Pointing up was 2.7 db lower..

And IMO pointing towards the back sounds much better.

its all in the way you test it. pointing up at the back window is best for SQ because the sound rolls forward at the driver/pass. headrests. If it sounds like ass, then upgrade to something better.

yes pointing the speaker towards the front of the car will make it hit harder, but although...might i suggest some sort of sound deadening for your rear speaker deck.

i need some for mine like homeless guy needs clothing

I dont want it to hit harder though, it hits too hard already. Just want it to sound lower and cleaner. next install Im thinking about cutting a hole in the middle of the back shelf for the bass to enter, then mount tweeters on each side of the hole.

yes pointing the speaker towards the front of the car will make it hit harder,

debateable! It sounds more like a higher punch rather than a low rumbling bass like when they are pointed backwards

debateable! It sounds more like a higher punch rather than a low rumbling bass like when they are pointed backwards

x2 .....my subs always have sounded better when they faced the rear :dunno:

Ears can be decieved.....spl meters cant. pointing to the rear is louder.........unless you have a fold down rear seat.....than its a whole new ball game.

i cant say that....ive never heard mine facing the rear...i TRIED..but theres NO spot in the trunk for the ground to be bolted to, unless i make a spot

and im not that curious to do that...

i cant say that....ive never heard mine facing the rear...i TRIED..but theres NO spot in the trunk for the ground to be bolted to, unless i make a spot

Huh? d you mean your amp ground? Just rum it to the back seat. And use either the seat bolt or just use a self tapping screw on a bare piece of metal.

Huh? d you mean your amp ground? Just rum it to the back seat. And use either the seat bolt or just use a self tapping screw on a bare piece of metal.

If you want your amp to not clip, then use either the stud for the rear strut tower after you sand it to bare metal, NO! on the seat belt stud, because its insulated by adhesives. or you can use the exhaust bracket bolt on the frame like I did, but that involves removing the rear passenger tire, drilling through the trunk, grommet in the hole, sanding down the frame, etc, etc.... the ground is the single most important thing there is to any good install.