kknobl

Took the car out for a drive today and it ran fine. I drove it around a bit to get the trans up to temp so that I could check the fluid level.

However, when I popped the hood to pull the trans dipstick, I noticed smoke (not a whole lot) coming from somewhere near the radiator on the driver side. It seemed to go away because when I got home, there was no outward signs of any smoke. I popped the hood again and saw nothing.

And ideas as to what may have been smoking? I couldn't tell from the smell - defintely wasn't a coolant smell though. Engine is a 3.1 MPFI.

I'm almost temped to sell this car and start over with another, but I don't want to start over with all the issues either. UGH...The engine and tranny seem to have lots of life left in them though. The joys of owning a W-Body I guess... :willynilly:

Anyway, any help or ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Kevin

I had the same issue with my 90 Euro.. What tourned out to be the case, was the oil would leak like a drop out the filter base, and it would then hit the hot exhaust manifold, causing a very faint smoke.. Check and see if something is hitting he manifolds at all cause that can cause an issue you are seeing..

Check electrical connections in that area as well.. If any are bad, replace obviously and see if it does it again..

on my cutlass there is a little like bowl thing on the bottom of my intake sleeve....it catches water so there is no hydroloc..i moved this and there was smoke...turned out that the little bowl thing melted on the headers..smelled ungodly