The Oldsmobubble has RKE!!!

Dirty Rockstar

So, I was snoopin around in the trunk a few days ago.. (Was actually fixin my tail panel, and re-connecting my power antenna, seeing as how the ice is gone now) While connecting the antenna back I noticed a single terminal plug hangin there.. I thought this can't be true! So I pull the carpet up and sure as shit it says AU0! So I got a keyfob, did the programming sequence, and it now works! I figured I would share this a) because I am happy, and B) because I am going to work on a way to get the horn to beep, and the lights to flash so we can keep an eye on this.. So cool I don't need the key to get into the trunk!! :cool:

That's a nice little surprise. There was no doubt my car had RKE, as it came with no less than 3 olds remotes ( one of them is brand new )...

I'm ( passively ) working on getting my lights to flash with the lock button too. It should be as simple as wiring up a relay and a diode, but I'll know more once I dig into it.

That's a nice little surprise. There was no doubt my car had RKE, as it came with no less than 3 olds remotes ( one of them is brand new )...

I'm ( passively ) working on getting my lights to flash with the lock button too. It should be as simple as wiring up a relay and a diode, but I'll know more once I dig into it.

Thats all the nice aftermarket ones are, are just relays and diodes. You shouldn't have a problem doing it at all.

I am going to work on a way to get the horn to beep, and the lights to flash so we can keep an eye on this.. So cool I don't need the key to get into the trunk!! :cool:

Let me know how that goes. I would LOVE to get some light flashing horn honking action when my keyless works (if and when)

<<<------------------RKE came stock with mine...... :lol: :lol:

Came stock on mine too.. THe whole oint of this post.. I just happened to "find" it :willynilly: :lol:

With yours Jeremy, its a toss up.. YOu could have the nicer TRW box, or the crappier one.. If its the TRW, I can almost promise it will work, no need to resolder.. But if its the cheaper grade one, I'd go find me a newer one..

Definately! Post it up.. I was workin on figuring it out and bam, here you come :biggrin:

Also, if you dont have Macro. Flash installed, the link supplied to download is dead.. SO I can't view it but Im sure it looks hella sweet :cool:

Heh...it's just a 2 second vid of the park lights flashing when I hit the button, but yeah it is sweet!

Here's the brains...

RKE015.jpg

Still gotta clean my handy work up a bit, and put the rear shelf back together but I'm tired of working on it for today. I'll definitely write something up tomarrow, as I'm sure a lot of people would want to do this.