How much do you think I'd get?

SuperBuick

I dont think you could really put a price on a car like that, and get your moneys worth. W-Body's have fairly bad resale and yours is near mint w/extremly low milage, are you thinking of getting rid of it?

What all have you done to it? Would it be with or without wheels? Ever smoked in? Been in any wrecks? All this is a deciding factor to me, but from your signature picture, if it came with the wheels, i would pay $3000 with it. If I had more info, I could give you a better price range. Also, what engine, and if there is any problems with the car.

You cant put a price on a custom car like that. Like my car, its worth more TO ME than a corvette is worth to someone else. I know my car aint much to anyone else, but its a lot to me. I just cant think you can put a price on something you have redone and made look awesome. JMO

Robby

Well, I don't want to sell it - for me to get another car like it in that condition with those miles and performance would be well over $10,000. My family has owned the car since day one, it has all original miles and absolutely nothing wrong with it. Most people think it is a brand new car. The paint is shinier and nicer than the paint on my 2001 firehawk. The car was rear-ended, but no damage to the frame was cuased. It needed taillights, a bumper, and a quarter panel. That is when I had it repainted. Were I to sell it, the wheels would be included (of course I'm not selling it just saying). I'm just ttrying to get an idea of value of it TO OTHERS. For example, $3000 was mentioned earlier. I realize where you are coming from but a price like that would sound ridiculous to me. For $3000 you would get a POS old beat up regal with dirty carpet and scratched/marred paint, grease and dust on the engine, etc. I've seen 3.8 GS regals got for $6500 with almost twice the miles and in half the condition.

Again, I don't wanna sell it, but I've always wondered about what its value would be. Realistically I know it isn't that high, but to see where you all think it would fit would be nice.

-Tom

You cant put a price on a custom car like that. Like my car, its worth more TO ME than a corvette is worth to someone else. I know my car aint much to anyone else, but its a lot to me. I just cant think you can put a price on something you have redone and made look awesome. JMO

Robby

:lol2: EXACTLY the way I think, you seriously can't put a price on something that will make it seem worth while! Like no way I would be able to sell my car and get what I'd want, it just woudln't happen. just my $.02 :lol:

You could easily ask as high as $7000 and if anyone got it for anywhere between $5500 and $6000, they would be getting a v-good deal. I bought my 41,000 mile TGP about a year and a half ago. He was asking $6500 and I got it for $4800.

Personally I would rather have youre car then a 99' in the same condition, same options, and same milage even if it was about the same price. Its alot more 1 of akind you dont see regals like that every day, plus they are built better then newer ones. I dont think I'll ever by a newcar because you dont get what you paid for you get alot more bang for your buck buying a used car.

Only problem is that one of a kind, clean cars only are worth a lot more on cars that have good resale value. You have to look at it like this: unless you find a person who absolutely wants your style regal for their reason, it won't sell for $6500. People will look at it like "for $6500 I can get a 97-98 Regal/Century" probably with higher mileage, yes, and not the SC engine, but people see the newer car (5 years old vs 13) and the safety equipment. I personally wouldn't pay more than $3000 on ANY 88-93 W-body (excluding verts, and even then I probably won't) (I exclude 94-96 because I avoid them like SARS, but again that's me) while I wouldn't mind adding a few hundred more for a car in the condition and mileage like yours, I cant speak for others. Like for my car, if I were to sell it right now, I'd ask $1800. If I get anything over $1200 I'd see it as a deal. But for me to sell it and start from the beginning again, it isn't worth it.

Brian, I feel the same way about the value and also about th 94-96s. The only W-Bodies I like are first gens.

However, I'm running into the case where the only cars I like are manual transmission cars (I want to fall asleep while driving an auto - so boring). Even in traffic I like standard better. Its so hard around here to find an ultra cheap standard donor car (GP or Cutty) to convert the regal. Aside from the tranny I love it, but I really want something manual. If I can't find a donor car soon I'm worried I'll be compelled to sell it and pick up something with a stick shift.

-Tom

I will definetely NOT be using the Firehawk as a daily driver, because I'm paying for it for 5 years so I'm not about to junk it up - plus it isn't very practical. Yeah, its a stick.

I have been using the Regal as the cruiser, and I want to keep it as my cruiser, only a stick shift cruiser. I hate auto. I love getting out of work thinking I get to shift gears on the way home. If I could find a cheap donor car I wouldn't be having this dilemma, but alas they are nowhere to be found (except across the country)

As of now I have no plans to sell the regal - to sell it I know would be stupid. However, if I get to the point where my NEED for a standard outweighs my love of the regal, I'll have to do something about it. That is why I'm pondering value.

-Tom

I gotta tease you here Superbuick...what does that emblem above your glove box say, Buick Regal ???????? :wink:

I only ask because you mentioned what 3.8 GS's were booked at.

I did the :wink: because My Custom is getting a few higher end GS items put into it. The Eq/Cass player, the GS leather wheel, (if I ever get courage) the full digital cluster that's been sitting for 9 months.

I need 16" wheels yet. I doubt I'll ever afford them though. Anyway, it's almost ready for the GS tags sitting on my dresser.

I may even have the only dual exhaust 4dr W-body Regal.

Arround here, something like that could go that high...

1) Tons of stupid people....could sell them a Festiva for a few grand if clean

2) Its cutsom. Some kid woudl want it bad, and have their parrents buy it.

Something like that personally you couldnt put a price on. That, and if you sold it, you would either miss it, or hate to see it mistreated or something.

MY parrents found my CS for me (I was living 90 miles away at school). They want to buy it from me when I maybe start looking for a new car. Thats a joke. While I know my parrents would treat this thing as nice as I do...I love it. Ive wanted a W-body since I was like 8 (91 when we had our Lumina). So it means a lot to me, having my own now.

You should see how bad my mom wants my car. When she foudn out they were related (Luminas and CSs), she wanted it from day one.

Jon

Ok International Boy

:wink:

-T

Hey, there's not one piece of badging on my car mentioning that it's an international. :):) I may put "S" on it to show it's a base model! The exterior can change but the VIN remains the same. OOH! That might be my new quote of the week :)

If you are like me You would never get enough. I get terribly attached to my cars.

Same here I couldn't even stand watching my pos '82 bonne leave, thats why I spoil my cutty cause I want it to last forever :)

The 4dr GS's I see in the 91 to 93 era all have the big 5" or 6"chrome strip across the front bumper, running along the sides and across the back bumper. It's ugly and so are the rubber bumper pushers they put on them. I even like my front bumper better than the 4dr GS models. Of course it would be great if the 2dr front bumper could be fit. Mine has after market driving lights that make it stand out really well.

Those GS's look more like Jr. Park Ave's

I'd like to have gotten a factory CD player but they all go for $146 bucks and up. Now it's too late because the radio/head unit installed requires the equalizer on the cassette player and I sold the old set.