fuel cutoff?

cutty

Hey i was wondering how i could put in a manual fuel cutoff switch in my cutlass. And if it is even possible to do, and how would i go about doing it??

i have been thinking about this for some time now, but i cant figure out how i would do it or wire it up.

so any and all info would be great.

sorry but if you have seen all the wiring that i have in my car you would have thought it would have caught on fires years ago, im a mechanic i am certified in automotive electronics. im not some dumbass that will go cutting wires, twisting them together and then putting elec. tape on them, trust me.

the reason i asked on here is i thought some of the NICE people with experience in this would be willing to help me out, but i guess not since everyone here seems to be a smartass lately.

just to name some of the things i have wired in my car are, amp, speakers, police strobes, headlight leds. a water temp gauge, and come other things. which i installed all professonially.

so just because im not a known person on here doesnt mean you can judge me thinking i know nothing about electrical.

im not trying to be mean here its just everytime i post something i want help with i never get any damn replies that are helpful. so i hope no one is taking offense to what im saying but its hope it is portrayed to me.

so thanks to everyone who DIDNT help me with this.

yes i did take take the course and yes mine was like 6months of electrical, but we didnt cover such things like this thats why i asked.[br]Posted on: April 22, 2006, 04:24:05 PM_________________________________________________

good luck getting help with that attitude.

my attitude is like that because i can never get help from anyone on here.

The ghetto instinct in me tells me that just putting a switch inline from the fuel pump relay to it's power source would make it work just fine..

I don't know why you'd want to do this though.

Cut power to the relay via a switch.

The relay pulls little amps, whereas the fuel pump will pull more amps.

It would be unsafe, and possibly unreliable to try to run a switch off of the fuel pump wires, unless it is a high amp switch. If you switch the relay it will be a lot safer.

If you wanted the same effect you would do something like cut power to the ECM, but then you would fight idle relearn problems.

Good luck!