Change Of Plans

gimp19

I still plan on getting my car repainted somtime soon, at first my plan was to take it to my brothers auto body class where the labor would be free of charge. But he told me today that even if they could fit it in next fall it might not be finished for a couple of months and he's not even sure if they will have time to do it at all.

So today I decided I'd just take it to a professional body shop to get repainted and I called a couple to get over the phone estimates. The problem is that most of them wanted to see my car before they could give any kind of price (I dont really feel like driving all over NY state). I know that autobody work can be pretty expensive and I have the money to pay for it I just dont want to get ripped off.

My car is in really good shape for the year and it has very little rust, no dents, and maybe a dozen very little dings in the metal. I was just wondering if anyone who has got there car repainted at a auto body shop or has autobody knowlage can tell me what they paid and what kind of work they had done.

I paid $1700 to get my truck repainted a few years ago. It had a bunch of little dents, scratches and faded paint. No rust repair.

My friend is painting my car for the cost of paint and him and his dad are helping with the bodywork on it.