Thinking about picking up another Cutlass...

Monkton

Well, I saw it this morning as I was going to school, and later this evening I stopped at it and looked at it. It's pretty decent. It's a 97 Cutlass 2-door. 96,000 miles, a nice blue-ish green paint with no noticable scratches etc, automatic on the floor, and a moon roof. It looked really clean, and I fell in love with it when I saw it. I think they're only asking 2800 for it. It's probably in good condition considering the back window has a Red Hat Society decal on it, which tells me the owner is an old lady who probably took good care of it. I took some pictures but my camera is being a bitch again, I'll try and get some up tomorrow. But yeah tell me what you think of it, if it's worth getting etc.

Considering you can find '97 Grand Prix GTP's for that price, I wouldn't even bother.

I find that hard to believe...but then again, thats probably demographics for ya!

Shit, my g/f's parents just bought a 95 GP SE 4-door for like $3800 with 83k on the clock!

I would try for it myself. Then again I sold a '96 with 119k for that much...

Considering you can find '97 Grand Prix GTP's for that price, I wouldn't even bother.

That's true around here too, over a year ago I looked at a bright red 97 GTP 4dr with a $3000 asking price. It had mileage in the low 100's though.

I think coupes are worth slightly more as well.

that seems like a really low asking price for a car of that year!

I had to wait quite a while to get $3200 for my '97 Series IV when I sold it last year...

...on a side note, what makes you think that if an old lady owned it that it was automatically properly taken care off :dunno:

that seems like a really low asking price for a car of that year!

I had to wait quite a while to get $3200 for my '97 Series IV when I sold it last year...

...on a side note, what makes you think that if an old lady owned it that it was automatically properly taken care off :dunno:

x2 every once and a while youll see an old lady driving around, and shes drivng faster than my car will physically go. Either they drive very slow and are very catious, or they drive really fast and brake really hard and beat the crap outta the car....

Generally older people will take better care of their car and drive more responsibly than say... me. But of course there are those older people that have no business on the road because they either are A) To cautious and go 5mph or B) Can't drive at all and just put everyone else at a risk. Trust me, their is some logic to it. And if anyone wants to know what it looks like, basically look at 19Cutlass94's Cutlass, that was the first thing that came to mind when I saw this car.

Well, my cutlass was owned by my Nana (Grandma) until she was in her late 70's. It was a dealer demo car that sat in the showroom for the entire '94 model year. It was purchased at a "used" price because it was used by the dealership for 6 months. She loved my cutlass, and it was a replacement for an an '85 G-Body Cutty. She drove it with a relatively heavy foot. She was the type of woman who'd drag from a light in the corvair, or cutlass the had back in the 60's and 70's. :lol: The only thing it needed when I bought it from her at 45k was tires!!! It was very well cared for with everything done at the dearlership on time every time.

The only problem that's starting to show it's ugly face, is sun damage. It was waxed once a year by the dealer, but it sat outside for every year except when I had a garage in the apartment complex I lived in my senior year of college. I've waxed this car a minimum of 3 times a year every year I've had it, but it hasn't been enough. I'm thinking that a new paint job may very well be in the near future. :frown: