The pictures of my new paint!

chadz34

Just got my Chevrolet back and it looks great, I am going outside to ake some pics right now. It is re-painted silver with gravelguard and it looks awesome! :cool: They fixed my door too! Only 600CDN! :wink:

how expensive is gravelguard opposed to regulat paint?

I couldn't tell you, my quote was only with gravelguard I wanted something tougher for the bottom of the car.

Looks like someone gooped on paint.

That is gravelguard! :lol: It doesn't look bad, and it is tougher than regular paint. It goes on before the colour and shit, so basically it's used as a primer.

I have the same stuff on my doors too. Its a nice feature. Soon my will be covered up though with the newwer B4U kit. But I know this way, I know its not going to rust :willynilly:

Looks like someone gooped on paint.

That is gravelguard! :lol: It doesn't look bad, and it is tougher than regular paint. It goes on before the colour and shit, so basically it's used as a primer.

"gravel guard" or not...it isn't very appealing to the eyes, IMHO of course

Do you drive on lots of gravel? If not then I'd say you wasted your money and it looks slightly ugly. If you do, well then hopefully it serves it's purpose. It's on the bottem and your paint is dark, so it probably looks good anyways.

Around here I never see paint chipping from the bottem of the doors, only sometimes the inside of the doors from RUST if the car is older.

I've seen it done (take a look at the Aveo I think) where it comes from factory with a "flare" in front of the rear tire, like a really thick clearcoat. Kinda fugly, but it doesn't cover the whole bottem part.

I don't think it looks as bad as it does in the pictures. A few of my past cars have had that stuff on it and ya really don't notice it unless you've got your face 9 inches from the bottom of the car.... so it doesn't really look bad and it worked pretty dang good.

I don't think it looks as bad as it does in the pictures. A few of my past cars have had that stuff on it and ya really don't notice it unless you've got your face 9 inches from the bottom of the car.... so it doesn't really look bad and it worked pretty dang good.

You really can't notice it unless you put your nose on it. It looks like regular paint.