Damn mice....

19Cutlass94

Well when we got the upper intake off my car, something didnt quite look good. It looked like there was a whole family of mice living there. There was some kind of shells and what me and my dad believe to be padding out of my dads car seats in there as well. it took us about 30 minutes just to clean all that shit out of there. Luckly they didnt get to any of the wires, but one of the seals for the injector wires was off, but didnt do any damage. Which is a good thing because if anything happened and I had to buy more shit Id be like rambo trying to find those damn things.

But your probably wondering how that got there? Well there was a time when the car was stored over the winter and only driven in the summer, and we have a feeling that during one of those winter months, the mice found that and made a home. Other than that we found it kinda humorous...

I just thought I might lighten up someones day by sharing that :lol:

When I got my TGP there was mice living in the exhaust pipes, needless to say the first time I started it up they died. :lol:

I hate mice with a passion, I've had to strip my entire interior, and am in the process of replacing it because is stunk so bad.

Mitch

my z34 aparently became a mouse house last summer, they didn't do much more then eat part of the cushioning on the bottom of my rear seat though.

well... to top ALL you guys off.... I found a mouse on top of the drivers side strut tower... dead and halfway in the gap cut into the plate that caps the strut... on my 92 lumina

I found a mouse nest under my intake plenum last time I took it off, made out of part of my hoodliner. They chewed it up near the alternator, and the alt sucked up little pieces of hoodliner. They plugged of the rear vents by the rectifier and fried the alt.

man that really sucks. i was changing the exhaust on my car once and there was a mouse in the garage so i had to pray to god it did not get into my car... plus i hate mice so i was freaking out the whole time i was working on it.

^^^ haha I can just picture that! musta been fun though, pontiacbabe.

Ive got a pile of the stuff they chewed up on the garage floor, that came from under the plenum. There was actually more there than there was in my dads motor in which the car had been sitting for a good 10 yrs. I dont quite understand that one.

CBAD, they didnt actually go through the TB, because they would have had to go through the air filter, which is K&N with the metal screen.... if they did that Im sure I car would run like absolute shit if I had a mouse actually in the intake lol. But they made their home under the upper plenum.

Hopefully with the new gaskets and all that shit gone, maybe my car will run a little better...

pulled the headliner aside in the 54 to run my wires today and a mouse nest fell on me.

and when i bought my cutlass donor car there was the same thing you describe under my 3.4's plastic front injector cover.

I've got a mouse story that will make you guys laugh your asses off. :lol: My aunt's car wasn't running very well, so she took it into the shop. By the way she loves M&M's and her glove box was full of M&M's. When she was at the shop, the mechanic came to her and said "you'd better have a look at this." So she went back there and her whole airbox and airfilter were packed with M&M's. :willynilly: I thought it was pretty funny. :lol: :willynilly:

I've never experienced mice in a car, but my Beretta used to have a problem with spiders. I killed one that was suddenly crawling on the steering wheel when I first got the car, then when I was showing the car to my g/f and her mom, another one reared it's ugly head and crawled around on the door panel. I killed it too. They both looked the same, kinda small with yellow dots or something. I killed another one later on too.

I haven't noticed any other creatures making a home with my car since it came to my house, thankfully.

I've got a mouse story that will make you guys laugh your asses off. :lol: My aunt's car wasn't running very well, so she took it into the shop. By the way she loves M&M's and her glove box was full of M&M's. When she was at the shop, the mechanic came to her and said "you'd better have a look at this." So she went back there and her whole airbox and airfilter were packed with M&M's. :willynilly: I thought it was pretty funny. :lol: :willynilly:

WTF?!?! how did M&M's get in there? :lol:

every 3.1 manifold that I've pulled for the first time has had a bunch of acorn shells and other garbage like that accumulated around the injectors/fuel rail on top of the LIM. never really accord to me that they were nests lol but I guess how else would that shit get there.

Quote from: TGP Nick on April 16, 2006, 10:56:55 PM

I've got a mouse story that will make you guys laugh your asses off. My aunt's car wasn't running very well, so she took it into the shop. By the way she loves M&M's and her glove box was full of M&M's. When she was at the shop, the mechanic came to her and said "you'd better have a look at this." So she went back there and her whole airbox and airfilter were packed with M&M's. I thought it was pretty funny.

WTF?!?! how did M&M's get in there?

:quote:

The mice went into her glove box, took the M&M's and went in through the intake with the M&M's.

I work at Canadian Tire and I was carrying a 32 inch tv thourhg the store and one of those little bastards darted out ... I screamed like a little school girl and dropped the tv :lol:

Ive found a snake in the engine bay of one our farm trucks before. It was a 3ft rat snake. I found this after I started it up. The snake was all mangled around the serpentine. Very nasty.

when i got my car i noticed a dead bee in the back right corner of my back window..thinking nothing of it..i just left it there cuz its a pain to try and get a shopvac to it..the other day i took off my rear speaker covers to paint black..they are that stupid purple color..but anyways i take the left one off the there is a small bee hive with about 6 bees just sitting there and staring at me to make a move...after i run out of the backseat screaming because i hate bees... i ran and grabbed a good ol can of raid and jus unloaded on them..now they are dead and join their freind in the corner of my rear window.....