I Think I Fried My ECM

Dark Ride

I was finally getting My TGP put back together, after doing some work on it, and the battery was dead. So I pulled my car around and grabbed the jumper cables, I hooked them up to the TGP's Battery and My friend hooked them up to my car, and it sparked really bad :bash:. so we redid it and made sure we got everything right, I turned the key to on, and the fuel pump ran nonstop, not the usual run for two seconds then stop. I tried to start it and it would turn over but wouldn't even fire. Checked fuses and all of my connections. Is there any way to check it before I try to buy a new ECM. What do you think? Any thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks,

Mitch

Are you sure that wasn't the PM3 accumulator running? If you worked on the brakes or somehow depressurized the master cylinder it will run for like 30 seconds to charge back up.

You could switch the computer out of your LE just to see if it starts or not....

It couldn't be the PM3 cause i pulled it out and was installing a Non-ABS Master-cylinder. I'll try the ECM off my LE, I didn't think that it would work.

Thanks,

Mitch[br]Posted on: April 15, 2006, 01:44:00 AM_________________________________________________Well, I swapped the ECM out of my LE and the car started right up, i put the TGP's ECM back in and it wouldn't start, so looks like I need an ECM. I was so close to seeing this car hit the road, I've never been able to drive it before. Does any one have An ECM laying around that they would like to get rid of? PM me

Thanks,

Mitch[br]Posted on: April 15, 2006, 02:59:35 PM_________________________________________________no longer needed :biggrin: