tinting woes.

bigdman

i have tried to tint my windows 2 times now and it never turns out. its the curved windows in the back the tint keeps pukering and bubbling and i cant get it to go away. :mad: any suggestions?

Its because of the compound curve. HOW exactly are you tinting them? Just slapping it on and trying to smooth it out? It takes some certain techniques to do those curves.

suggestion: get it done professionally

umm... yeah.

I paid $190 CAD for mine, and they look super awsome, and they will not turn purple either. If you already bought tint twice I would suggest you stop before you end up paying more than gettinig a pro to do it.. lol

suggestion: get it done professionally

umm... yeah.

I paid $190 CAD for mine, and they look super awsome, and they will not turn purple either. If you already bought tint twice I would suggest you stop before you end up paying more than gettinig a pro to do it.. lol

:werd:

(I was just being an ass earlier, not serious :-) )

i have thought about getting it done professionally but i dont want to spend $200. :willynilly: i have heard of spray on tint but that is probably not available to buy.(for cheap) i might just try and find a place nearby to do it. its worth it i guess.

$200 is nothing to have it done professional- it will LOOK MUCH BETTER, tint will last basically forever (some places will have really good warrantee, like lifetime on your car or whatever), and they'll be able to do the back window in 1 piece (if they are a decent shop) with no bubbles.

Every car I've seen with do-it-yourself tint always looks like shit, even if there are no bubbles it always turns purple (I see it on lots of trucks, since they are probably very easy to tint yourself).

If you go to a good tinting place, most will gaurentee their work for as long as YOU own the car. ( I know the shops by me are like that ) Although yes its a little more expensive ( for me like $250 ) but if anything happens you can bring it to them and theyll fix it. This is one of those things where if you havent been doing it for years, its very hard to do right.

the four door cutlass supremes and the saturn four door something are the hardest in the industry to do. this is because they curve out and not in. PITH.

I gave up and have the rear door glasses tinted only on my CS.

From what I've read, if you insist on doing it yourself, you'll need to heat shrink it. They usually place the tint on the outside of the window, use a heat gun and heat shrink it till it conforms to the window, then they peel it off and apply it inside the window.

Sounds like a big PITA, I'd definitely recommend paying a professional unless you wanted to make this a career and needed to learn anyway.

I managed to tint the rear 1/4 windows on my '90 C/S coupe quite successfully, but for the amount of time I put into it, it's still worth it to have a GOOD shop do it. I wanted to do it just to see if I could.