Waaa HOOOO@!!

sonyman87

Stupid 18 year old tech student 0 sonyman87 1!!!!

I picked up my brand spaking new 3.4Ldohc crate motor and setter down in the garage today!! WOOT

retail is nearly $3k - warrenty

i got it for 500 cash

they wanted 800for it but me and my redneck friend talked them out of it. and almost got another $100 off a bet they almost took and would have lost. The kid wanted to put it in a RWD Datson pickup rofl. i asked if he had a trany that hooked up to it he didnt have a clue he didnt know anything about this motor. im just happy it was the right one! he said he didnt drive the datson b/c he was affraid his "cam" shaft would break. :willynilly:

we went in said.. ohh see this here is wrong we are going to have to fix that pointing out there are no manifolds sensors or whatnot. we also pulled the timeing cover off. brand new gm t-belt on there Thank god!) we said it looks like someone has taken it appart b/c there was no painted timing marks but a few scratches where it should have been. so we said we have to do timing on it thats gonna cost us 500 and went listing all the problems the motor would have in a few years and they practicly gave up their 800 foundation.

we also tried to scare them. we found a part number and we took a cellphone and called my friends brother and started to read him the numbers as we told them we are checking to see if this is listed as stolen or not.. we were hopeing to get it really damn cheep then, but that didnt scare them. so we assume its all lagit.

i cant wait until his dad figure out what he did with his motor rofl.

did they have a 4t60e tranny?

No. im working on a custom build 4t60e trany now. im thinking 3500rpms stalls and built to handle 300hp if possible. not sure if i want a new reman tranny or just rebuild the one i have now.

IMO, pick up another one and have it done right. Thats a pretty high stall, but each to there own. I just noticed with my 3000 that below that rpm, it will spin pretty easily up to that point, and theres not as much power with that high of a stall down low than there is normally. Just my .02$ though.

3.73 FDR is a must, along with a TransGo shift kit. Or, if your shop is cool like manitcor's, they will make there own kit.

IMO, pick up another one and have it done right. Thats a pretty high stall, but each to there own. I just noticed with my 3000 that below that rpm, it will spin pretty easily up to that point, and theres not as much power with that high of a stall down low than there is normally. Just my .02$ though.

3.73 FDR is a must, along with a TransGo shift kit. Or, if your shop is cool like manitcor's, they will make there own kit.

this place 20 mins alway wasts 1500 for 4t60e 3year warrenty 75k miles. i dont know if i can get it custom or not yet.. first i gotta hvae that much to get it done right.

you mean first gear at 3.73! damn! thats going to make a fast 1st gear. i think i got 3.43 or 3.33 not sure.. and 1st gear dosnt last very long