Interior swap

Bake82

Hey guys,

I'm completely stripping a 92 CS of it's interior on Tuesday. I am wondering what special tools I might need. I will be taking all seats, panels, dash, doors, seatbelts, carpet, console. Everything in the interior. Anyways I don't want to get down there(5 hour drive) and then not have the proper tools to take off everything I need. any and all tips are appreciated.

Thanks

Kyle

phillips screwdriver

7mm socket

15 mm socket

1/2" socket

5/32" socket ( or 8mm i think)- the seats

some extentiom bars

10mm socket

flat head screw driver

brind a small but long flat screwdriver, or a 6 mm alen key... you gotta wede it into the top of the seatbelt to loosen it off (at the to of the window)

1/4 socket

ill add more as i remember

oh ya a T-45 torx bit for getting off the seatblet part that clamps onto the ground

and a 18mm for the rear seat belt clamp dow

an 11 mm for the back, upper side of the seat

i think thats about it

edit

you will also need a 10 mm or 12 mm deeap socket for the rear tails if u get them

also just to let you know this guy has about 4 tool boxes in his garage so im sure hes got everything... i was jelious

phillips screwdriver

7mm socket

15 mm socket

1/2" socket

5/32" socket ( or 8mm i think)- the seats

some extentiom bars

10mm socket

flat head screw driver

brind a small but long flat screwdriver, or a 6 mm alen key... you gotta wede it into the top of the seatbelt to loosen it off (at the to of the window)

1/4 socket

ill add more as i remember

oh ya a T-45 torx bit for getting off the seatblet part that clamps onto the ground

and a 18mm for the rear seat belt clamp dow

an 11 mm for the back, upper side of the seat

i think thats about it

edit

you will also need a 10 mm or 12 mm deeap socket for the rear tails if u get them

also just to let you know this guy has about 4 tool boxes in his garage so im sure hes got everything... i was jelious

have fun bake

Cool, thanks guys. I have a 300pc ratchet set that I'm gonna bring. Was just curious what else I might need. What do I need to get the seatbelts out of the doors???

The door panel comes off in two different pieces. The lower part around the seatbelt unscrews and unclips. Then you pry the little trim thing off the top of the door around the seatbelt, and unscrew the panel up there. Then you can take off the door panel and the seatbelt slides out around it. The whole seatbelt assy. just unbolts from the door after that. The seat belt never actually goes "into" the door, just behind the door panel. It's tough to explain but I'm sure once you get out there you can figure it out easily. :biggrin:

The door panel comes off in two different pieces. The lower part around the seatbelt unscrews and unclips. Then you pry the little trim thing off the top of the door around the seatbelt, and unscrew the panel up there. Then you can take off the door panel and the seatbelt slides out around it. The whole seatbelt assy. just unbolts from the door after that. The seat belt never actually goes "into" the door, just behind the door panel. It's tough to explain but I'm sure once you get out there you can figure it out easily. :biggrin:

Cool. I've had my door panels off before, so I know how they come off...kind of weird the first time, that is for sure. It was the seat belt assembly that I was worried about, but it sounds like it's easy enough. Thanks man!!!

ya seatbelts are 15mm, 5 nuts in total per belt, the ones in the rear are a 45 or t -50 though ( my 89 had -t50and the blue gtp i got had t-45 torx)..... the whole interior to strip down only took me about 3 hours, but ive done it 4 times now lol

the whole interior to strip down only took me about 3 hours, but ive done it 4 times now lol

I've done the cutlass interiors about the same number of times and now it only takes me about 2.5 hours to do them.....