Suggestions needed

The Snake

I want to change my 2 muffler and I would like to have your suggestions!

I want to have sound, but not too much for step to make me disturb by the police force!

I want a sound of the kind to the sound of Camaro/Trans-Am/Firebird. You know, a malicious, malignant, powerful sound a truth beautiful sound!! Not a sound of P-Flow!!! Is needed that that thunders even on the iddle, May sil is not necessary that that thunders too much!

Cherry Bomb?

Vortex?

Other?

I have a 1999 Chevy Monte-Carlo Z34 3800 Series II

http://membres.lycos.fr/leclubduserpent/MCZ34/

Thanks you for all comment!

P.S: Sorry for my english!

to tell you the truth, i bought a single canister type muffler for my 3.1 liter and it idles like a Small block chevy. IT is made by 3a racing, you can view a single side picture of it at

http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=318968&make_type_query=make%3DChevrolet&model_brand_query=model%3DLumina&tree=Chevrolet%20Lumina

Hope this helps! -JAY-

I want a sound of the kind to the sound of Camaro/Trans-Am/Firebird. You know, a malicious, malignant, powerful sound a truth beautiful sound!!

1. Buy a really loud stereo system and find some audio mp3's of a stock car. :mrgreen:

or...

2. Buy an f-body

IIRC, Magnaflows sounded decent on the 3.4 DOHC cars, but I don't really know how they'd sound on a 3.8 car.

On flowmasters site, there is a clip of a newer 3.8L V6 Firebird with a flows on it. Sounds really good, then they have a clip of the LS1 T/A with the same muffler, they sound very similar at idle, the only difference is when they get on it

Robby

The exhaust will sound completely different on the L67 compared to the LQ1.

Here are some exhaust clips that I know of

http://www.exhaustsoundclips.com/gm.html

They have some 3.8 but didn't see anything specific for 3800 s/c

Yeah, but he's got an L36 though.

my bad, then those clips should be right on. Isn't that the same engine in camaros/firebirds.

Those 3.8s sound like ass on that site. If I can make a clip of my car's exhaust I will post it for you guys. My 3.8 sounds like a v8, I have one to compare it to now :wink:

For some reason, on the 3800, flowmaster or other chambered mufflers sound like crap!!! (I had one and it sounded like those - raspy and lousy). I put on a straight-through muffler and it sounds WAY better now, much smoother at rpms and burbly at adle, but not the false burnlyness that so many of GM v6s have.

-Tom

I have a Flowmaster 40-series on my Cutlass 3.1L and it sounds great. The only real way to get that V8 sound is to get a V8 thou. Flowmaster and all the others are just tuned. You can have a shop hold different mufflers to your pipe (after they cut the old one off) and see how it sounds. I love the Flowmaster sound thats why I got it. Of course I also enlarged my pipe from then stock size to 2.5 in from the cat-back. No resonator thou. Kinda quiet at idle, small bubbly sound and makes a lot of nosie when I get on it. Stays quiet thou if I acclerate normally. Which is almost never. Ok now I'm missing my car. Wish I could get you a sound clip.

Laterz,

William Grimmer