Cutty Hertz

Well, here's the end result of a battle between me and McCullum Towing outside of Atlanta. They towed my car in ATL because on the way back home from, lord help me, Chattannogga, Tennessee to Albany, GA my starter died and there wasn't any auto parts stores open @ 12:00am. SO I couldn't crank it so I pushed the car to the nearest business, A "Insurections" of all places, (If you live in AtL you know what kinda shop this is so go ahead and laugh) and the manager agreed to NOT have it towed. I came back that following Saturday (it was the end of a Tuesday this happened) and the car was gone. The secondary manager towed it without the knowledge of the manager I talked to. SO the towing company wanted a retarded amount of money to release Cutty. A 3 week phone battle came out of that, and they dropped half the towing fee and towed it to my friend's house. I was happy to get my car! Got there and this is what I saw. Remember, my car didn't have the first dent, I was going to get it painted before this!

448007CuttyDowned.jpg

Since I saw her in this shape, i've started heavy drinking and going to random bars starting fights. :evil:

448013CuttyDowned2.jpg

Door/Fender Damage

448014CuttyDowned3.jpg

Quarter Panel Damage

448015CuttyDowned4.jpg

Torn Trunk Latch. Sad, and they left there big, pink comb and 10,000ft of orange extention cable AND a empty bottle of E&J!

448017CuttyDowned5.jpg

Half-Ripped Trunk with busted tail light and warped bumper.

It's sad, and they told me I coulndn't do anything about it. This is EXACTLY what small claims court is for! But, is that the best way to do it?

Man, sue the dog piss out of that towing company. They deserve it. Do you have any pics before this happened? You have the after. Sue the mess out of them and make some money and fix er up!

Robby

Nail 'em in small claims court! Yep, I think that's the best way to go. You and your Cutty sure suffered a lot of disrespect there, I'd let 'em have it.

That's a LOT of damage they caused, I think insurance would probably total it out given that book value of these cars isn't that high to begin with. Needs fender, door, trunk, taillight, cladding, quarter panel repaired, and complete refinishing of that side and the new parts... I'd guess $5000 of damage (body work is expensive). Whatever it is, pocket the money and fix it yourself using good junkyard parts!

Nail 'em in small claims court! Yep, I think that's the best way to go. You and your Cutty sure suffered a lot of disrespect there, I'd let 'em have it.

That's a LOT of damage they caused, I think insurance would probably total it out given that book value of these cars isn't that high to begin with. Needs fender, door, trunk, taillight, cladding, quarter panel repaired, and complete refinishing of that side and the new parts... I'd guess $5000 of damage (body work is expensive). Whatever it is, pocket the money and fix it yourself using good junkyard parts!

Exactlt nail em in court. If you have any pics of the car before that happened you will have a strong case against them!!!!!!!!!! :)

I would sue the crap out of them theres no excuse for any buisness to do that much damage to a car while they have .To me it looks like it borders on vandalism.Dont let them total your cutty to me thats another insurance rip off in its own make them fix it .If we dont fight to keep our w bodys today they wont be around in the future.As far as fixing it your self I just bought a 89 international with out the front cradle in it for a very small amount of money.So the best advice i can give ya is buy another cutty with a blown engine for parts unless the body is in better shape then yours then just do a engine swap.

same thing happened to me this past monday, I went to pick up my car from teh gargage that did some work on it for me, and it had 2 nice sized dents. I am PISSED