Any Way to Stop Or Prevent Interior From Warping?

kcac

I've got a 1995 Cutlass that is showing warping on some of the interior plastic pieces, such as the driver's side kick panel.

Is there any detailing product that can prevent this from happening? Ideally I'd hate to see the interior slowly twist apart.

Tint the windows and put a sunshade behind the windshield when you park the car in the sun. Even better yet, try to park in the shade (or inside the garage if you have one...)

I store the car over the winter. When I put it away last fall, this particular kick panel was fine. The garage doesn't have windows, and the temperature in Wisconsin is not even close to being warm those 6 months.

That's why I thought it was od that the kick panel has "curled" where it runs along the threshold. I'll post a picture tonight.

Cold can do wierd things to interior panels too.....our old travel trailer's floor used to peel off the wood beneath and curl.....then we replaced it and glued the piss out of it to stay down.

I never seen a 95-97 cutty have this problem...when I saw the thread title I was sure it was going to be about a lumina interior/dash

w3rd I was going to say dont buy a lumina rofl.

I never seen a 95-97 cutty have this problem...when I saw the thread title I was sure it was going to be about a lumina interior/dash

w3rd I was going to say dont buy a lumina rofl.

ROFLZ

Tint the windows and put a sunshade behind the windshield when you park the car in the sun. Even better yet, try to park in the shade (or inside the garage if you have one...)

Exactly what I was gonna say....

Yeah. Doesn't look so much like warping as it does classic GM fit and finish.

If it dont push down, take the one screw out, and pop that door trim off. Might be some shit stuck in there, or one of the clips might be bent or something.

I did press it down but didn't try unscrewing it and reseating it. I'll give that a shot - I already tried just pressing it back into place, but that helped a little. I've had the interior trim and dashboard warp on another car (a 1990 Beretta), but that car sat outside a lot. This looks like the same issue to me. If worse comes to worse, I can always find another piece of straight trim and hope for the best.

Yeah. Doesn't look so much like warping as it does classic GM fit and finish.

If it dont push down, take the one screw out, and pop that door trim off. Might be some shit stuck in there, or one of the clips might be bent or something.

That's what I've done when mine popped up. It fixed my problem. I'd give that a try for the piece on the floor.