Hey guys - HUD question.

MaroonRegal

Hey guys.

I just pulled the HUD and Dashpad from my '95 Grand Prix. What else do I need to put it into my '96 Regal or any other OBD2 W-body? Is there some part of the wiring that I need to take with me? A computer?

Also, I pulled out the DIC. What else do I need to make that work in another W?

Just wondering,

Scott

You'll need the GP headlight switch with the dimmer in it, and the pigtails of the wiring. No computer.

It should work perfectly fine with OBD2.

The DIC will need the temp sensor, and the pigtail and thats it. I have pinouts for this if you need em. Be aware that none of the fuel related features will work in a '96 though, and there is nothing you can do about it.

I would try to find a '96 GP DIC ( good luck ) or do nothing at all when it comes to that.

Okay. Thanks a lot guys. I got all that stuff out. I have just a few more questions, though.

How much of the pigtails do I need? What is the wire that goes between the DIC pigtail and the HUD pigtail? I assume I need the pigtail that goes into the lightswitch for the HUD, but I don't need to foglight one or the regular one, do I? Those should exist in other cars...right? OKay, I think that's it. If you'd rather, you could just give me the wiring diagram and I can try to figure it all out.

Thanks a lot guys.