im sooo confused :(

birdman

well ive been reading and searching and i still cant figure out how the whole lock ring setup works on the cam gears. on 60* it dosnt really say what to do with them it just says you have to take them off and thats all it says. also do i need a cam gear puller just to change the belt??? in very confused and getting agrivated. can someone give me an idea what the hell to do? thanks.[br]Posted on: April 09, 2006, 04:39:52 PM_________________________________________________anybody??? i kinda need to know so i can start on doing he timing so anyone who knows somthing please let me know.

I'd ask 'em over on 60degree - there's a bunch of guys who've actually done it the way GM recomends - it's the safest way to tension up the belt without risking losing your timing by any ammount.

--Dave.

well i am gonna re-time it because its off from what the dealer told me so i figure ill replace the belt too since i dont know when it was last done. thanks.[br]Posted on: April 09, 2006, 05:50:04 PM_________________________________________________also, what tools do i need? in the 60* guide it dosnt tell you what tools you have to have. do i need a cam gear puller? and a cam gear holder?

http://www.princessauto.com/downloadz/DLcaller.cfm?DLS=EXT&TheFile=06flyer_ENGLISH

Download the above PDF file and flip to page 49 of 72 and look at the top left of the page... item #8104275

The item isnt on their site yet but without a doubt this is the kinda tool you seem to be looking for but it holds the gears and the item listed on the v60 site holds the cam from inside.