HAIL STORM!!!!!!!

GrandPrix34

man we had an unexpected hail storm and DAMN!!! I will post pictures if i can when i develop the film... man a Dodge Dealership looked like a B-2 bomber dropped a cluster bomb or something, windows broken dents like WHOA! There's this ricer at school who just put a body kit and hood on his car and for some reason the hail punched two holes on b oth fenders (cheap fiberglass??)

now my problem...

my car has NO GLASS damage (thank god!!), but the whole body looks like it has chicken poxs!! DENTS ALL OVER THE HOOD, ROOF, TRUNK, one rear tailight is broken! AAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!

and oh yeah, some bitch banked into my right drv. fender from like a mile away so i know that fender's damage WILL BE repaired...

other than thay i need your help! HOW MUCH AM I LOOKING AT? WATS THE BEST WAY TO REPAIR!!! AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know how youre feeling my town is under a "state of emegency" after a severe ice storm left over 100,000homes with out power. We have massive trees down and telephne poles!

tell me about it! I was in class when the teacher walked in and mentioned how dark it was outside...so about half the class went outside t o check it out. Then we came back inside...THEN one girl ran into the class yelling "its raining golf balls!"...man you should have seen the damage! one teachers Jetta GTI had the rear windshield smashed to bits...a BMW had huge dents on the body and holes on both windshields..one thing i notcied was that the old cars like an old school impala had almost no damage and most of the severe damage was to imports (hmmm, wonder why? 8) Felt sorry for the guy wit the new bodykit...he honestly looked like he wanted to cry...we all understood

The repair method is going to depend on how much you can/want to spend. When my lumina got hailed on, the damage was minimal, but when I got estimates, the Paintless dent removal was still more expensive than the conventional repair method.

I will never go with PDR.. seen and heard too many horror stories about it. Once the paint has stretched, it's only a matter of time for the paint to start to chip off.

For me, it was a reason to get the car repainted, and to get a few custom things done. They removed all the dents by sanding and pulling them, so they aren't coming back at all on the car. Plus it got a new paint job! (which does me no good now, lol)

See how much your insurance company is gonna give you. Chances are your gonna have a fun time scheduling an appointment with an adjuster since there was probably LOTS of cars damaged from the storm.

I'm gonna be keeping an eye on the weather from now on, and sign of nasty weather or hail, and the Cutlass is getting parked somewhere protected.

There is different liability plans. Yes liability insurance will cover you if you hit someone. It will pay for the their car/truck to get fixed, but not yours. Full coverage will cover both cars in the event of an accident regardless of fault. Comprehensive coverage will cover your car due to acts of nature. Some insurance companies full coverage will not cover acts of nature. Insurance companies are full of ---- when it comes to those premiums though!!! :evil: :) :)

that just sucks ! sorry to here it.... there MIGHT be a bright side ?

we have a guy up here called red green. he does a little tv spot now and then and part of that is a bit called 'the handyman's corner'. at one time he noted that one of the reasons golf balls fly like they do is due, in a large part, to the dimples on the balls ( i forget how many he counted on them ).

following that train of thought, he reasoned that if he 'dimpled' his ride it would: go faster; be more fuel efficient; etc. he then proceeded to 'dimple his mid-seventies ride with a golf club ! i don't remember the time trial results :o), however...

remember 'if women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy..."

Man, that sucks! I HATE hail! I still remember when my '89 got hailed on and completely dented up back in '97. What a horror that was. I cried for weeks, and the repairs came out of my pocket. :cry:

Anyway, if you still have factory paint and it's in great condition, I'd recommend PDR. Repaints almost never hold up as well over time as factory paint. It's hard to find a good PDR place, but a good one should be able to remove the dents without drilling holes. I had PDR done to my hood, and they came out absolutely PERFECT. One of the dents was a full 1/4" deep and the size of an egg. A good PDR person can do some really amazing work http://www.dentnetwork.com/fame.htm