Painted the DOHC.

chadz34

That looks amazing, pretty much exactly what I want to do. Is the black a flat finish? and I didnt realize that the 96+ covers were different

Thanks guys, my dad is good at that stuff. The paint is low gloss, it has a bit of shine, but it doesn't really stand out. I am thinking of having him paint the plenum. What do yuo guys think?

NO! well, at least I dont think it looks good. Too big, and kinda makes it look like painted wall paneling, IMO[br]Posted on: April 09, 2006, 02:36:24 AM_________________________________________________how much different is the 96 "dohc" cover than the earlier ones? pics by itself? anyone know if that fits on the pre 96 intake?

I am thinking of having him paint the plenum. What do yuo guys think?

No! I agree it's too big to be painted. From your pics it looks pretty clean, you should just leave it that way. I would just try to just get it as clean as possible, maybe scrub it with some degreaser or AC Delco Engine Shampoo, however your engine is already looking pretty tidy so dunno if you can get it looking any better...

Ok, so it's a no go on the plenum. I agree, it is a little big to paint. I think it looks good the way it is now. Thanks for the compliments guys. For those who don't like it...... :gr_guns: :joke:

im actully looking to paint the fins and 3.1 sfi on the intake of my motor..i dont know what kind of paint to use

Use low gloss engine enamel. Withstands a hell of a lot of heat. I may paint the plenum, but it will look like a big black piece of shit probably. :willynilly: :lol:

how about caliper paint..it also withstands high temps

You could, I'd stick with the engine enamel though, it is paint especially for motors, so you know it won't fuck up.

Most engine paint is spray on. if you want a brush on, go with the duplicolor and one of their caliper kits.

The 3100 plenum doesn't get hot at all.

Mines does...... not extrmely hot, but....