Removing 6"x9" speakers

92gpse

You have to take out the seat, and lift the rear window dash, then use a 9/32" socket(i think) to remove them. I had to also remove the mounts that they were mounted on, because of how my 6 x 9's were positioned.

on my 1992 Z34 i did it threw the trunk and they dropped out the trunk. my 1995 monte i had to take out the back seats and remove the rear decklid and take them out the top. if you see screws from the inside of the trunk it will come out just like my lumina did.

Shane

Guest RedCutlassSL

wow do you guys like making work for yourself. All you do is pop the grill, and remove four little bolts securing the speaker in. its like a 5 min job

Alll W-Bodies have different mounting designs. .

Some are mounted to the deck, and others use a large clip that seats on the bottom of the magnet and clips on to the bottom of the rear deck.

wow do you guys like making work for yourself. All you do is pop the grill, and remove four little bolts securing the speaker in. its like a 5 min job

the monte doesn't have grills. it is covered by the decklid. the lumina is also covered by the decklid but it if i remember correctly should come out from inside the trunk.

RedZ

Thats how my cutlass is, but on my sisters 94 prix the rear deck goes over the screws a little bit, so you have to remove the rear deck and the seats to get to them.

Thats how my cutlass is, but on my sisters 94 prix the rear deck goes over the screws a little bit, so you have to remove the rear deck and the seats to get to them.

yea unless u like strippin screws u have to pull that decklid forward and the only way to do that is to pull the rear seats. what work? ive dont it so many times i can get the lower and the bottom parts out in prolly less than a min