Security lighting / courtesy lighting

Intlcutlass

I want to add this feature to another car, So I want to find out where is the module that controls this function in my car?

I want to toy around with this to my Fiero, so that when I pull the handle on my Fiero, the light come on for 10-15 seconds.....

89 Cutlass International , where is this module? Is it the door chime, or the headlight switch , or is a stand alone module hidden someplace?[br]Posted on: April 06, 2006, 12:47:23 PM_________________________________________________Anyone?

On the '94, the door handle switches are wired into the door ajar input circuit to the headlight switch, and the headlight switch kicks the interior lights on when it gets the signal from the handle switch. The chime module has nothing to do with actually turning the interior lights on.

So I would imagine if you found a door handle switch from a cutlass ( couldn't tell you where it is...I'm thinking it's in the lock module, but I'm not really sure ) and wired it up, it would work with the stock headlight switch. Just tap the signal wire it gets from the door jamb switch. Only problem I see is that the lights would go off as soon as you stop pulling the handle, because the timer is built into the CS headlight switch. ( I think )

Seems like a lot of trouble for a feature that I personally HATE. It's there so you can light up your interior to make sure there isn't some crazy person hiding in the back seat before you get in ( funny, but it has been known to happen before ).

I just think it makes it easier for thieves to see what you have in your car.

It's there so you can light up your interior to make sure there isn't some crazy person hiding in the back seat before you get in ( funny, but it has been known to happen before ).

Fiero's don't have back seats.... ;)

Seriously though , Thats for the info, The headlight switch.... Thats what i was after... Thanks man!

If your 89 Cutlass has it, it must be some kind of aftermarket alarm. I'm almost certain no 88-93 Cutlass got that feature.

The security lighting and theater dimming came with the 94 headlight switch.

If your 89 Cutlass has it, it must be some kind of aftermarket alarm. I'm almost certain no 88-93 Cutlass got that feature.

The security lighting and theater dimming came with the 94 headlight switch.

I bet it was from my accident....I went to a bonyard for my door, and I was already using a newer headlight switch....

I bet I have parts from every year cutlass in this thing by now....

Steering colum - 94

door chime module (credit to you shawn) froma 96?

Knuckles - 96 (soon to be)

RKE was from 96

Trans handle was from my wifes old 95

LOL