Headlight switch?

bljakkl

I have a white 1995 grand prix gt sedan. When we came out to the car a few evenings ago, the lights were on, but the switch was on the off position. I could smell a vague burning smell of electrical. I fiddled with the switch, and the lights went off, but now the headlights don't work at all. I can pop the knob itself off, and fiddle with the switch, and the parking lights will come on. However, the headlights will not work. Has anyone else had this happen? Or have any ideas as to what the problem may be? I initially posted this car for sale, but really do enjoy it. Just that my mechanic told me that I should just get rid of the car because of the 3.4l and the difficulty of working on it. I, however, would like to keep the car.

Thanks,

Bryan

Just that my mechanic told me that I should just get rid of the car because of the 3.4l and the difficulty of working on it. I, however, would like to keep the car.

the LQ1 isn't near as difficult to work on as a lot of people make it out to be. A lot of mechanics don't like to work on them because it isn't the cookie-cutter pushrod engine.