Need wiring Diagram for 94-96 heating controls Grand Prix or Cutlass

timdjohn

I am reconfiguring my dash on my 92 GP. I personaly hate the small little push buttons that are also breaking and look like crap. So I have gotten the later rotory controls from a 94 GP. the heating system is simalar to the 92. mostly they have changed the relay controls which I have overcome. So the fan switch is woring great on the new controls, but they have the rest of the ystem witch the pin outs in different locations then the 92. I could mess around with it but since i do not know which pin is the hot wire in and ground in I may make toast out of the new controls.

So I need the wiring diagram for 94-96 Grand Prix and from what i can tell the Olds Cutlass same years look to be the same. if anyone could scan it (should be just one page) and email it to me I would be very grateful.

Do you have pics? I'd like to see how your doing this. I do like the newwer style as well. Currently my buttons are still working just fine though.

My controls still work just fine but the buttons themselves or getting cracked and just sort of nasty looking.

Currently I really do not have anything to take a picture of, but once I do I shall post them.

I am just trying to get the wiring issues taken care of first before I start actual construction. But it just give you a picture what I am doing. I wanted an aftermarket audio and they all fit poorly in the stock location and I also have bought a DIC and I really do not like how Pontiac mounted these as well. So I have no other choice but to remake the center console portion of the dash.

To begin you shall have to cut the cover that goes over the radio and heater controls. I shall basically be using it only as a means to mount the new console to the dash. You shall also have to do some cutting on the dash it's self under the radio cover. I am going to mock up the mounting surfaces with 1/8th ply board but will finish it with angle iron for a secure permanent under mounting. The new Dash surface and side I most likely shall use like a masonite board and then very thin high density foam (like you would use under a landau top) with a vinyl, leather or whatever you like. But the covering shall have to be stitched no matter what style of console you build, be it flat surfaces or curved. so it shall not match all that well with the factory dash, but I plan to recover my Dash pad in the future and shall have to stitch it as well so it will end up blending in. many different levels of skills are going to be needed to undergo such a project. I have been customizing cars for many years now and have always done my own body and interior work.

[br]Posted on: April 04, 2006, 11:54:52 PM_________________________________________________

There was someone on here that had every wiring diagra you could ask for, but I think he deleted them all when he cleaned out his photobucket account.

Just my luck

Do you have pics? I'd like to see how your doing this. I do like the newwer style as well. Currently my buttons are still working just fine though.

My controls still work just fine but the buttons themselves or getting cracked and just sort of nasty looking.

Currently I really do not have anything to take a picture of, but once I do I shall post them.

I am just trying to get the wiring issues taken care of first before I start actual construction. But it just give you a picture what I am doing. I wanted an aftermarket audio and they all fit poorly in the stock location and I also have bought a DIC and I really do not like how Pontiac mounted these as well. So I have no other choice but to remake the center console portion of the dash.

To begin you shall have to cut the cover that goes over the radio and heater controls. I shall basically be using it only as a means to mount the new console to the dash. You shall also have to do some cutting on the dash it's self under the radio cover. I am going to mock up the mounting surfaces with 1/8th ply board but will finish it with angle iron for a secure permanent under mounting. The new Dash surface and side I most likely shall use like a masonite board and then very thin high density foam (like you would use under a landau top) with a vinyl, leather or whatever you like. But the covering shall have to be stitched no matter what style of console you build, be it flat surfaces or curved. so it shall not match all that well with the factory dash, but I plan to recover my Dash pad in the future and shall have to stitch it as well so it will end up blending in. many different levels of skills are going to be needed to undergo such a project. I have been customizing cars for many years now and have always done my own body and interior work.

[br]Posted on: April 04, 2006, 11:54:52 PM_________________________________________________

There was someone on here that had every wiring diagra you could ask for, but I think he deleted them all when he cleaned out his photobucket account.

Just my luck

It always happens just as you need it.

give me some time and i'll post them up for you. and chadz34, i will still post up anything anyone needs, i just cleaned out the stuff that was old and wasting space.

all anyone has to do is ask

give me some time and i'll post them up for you. and chadz34, i will still post up anything anyone needs, i just cleaned out the stuff that was old and wasting space.

all anyone has to do is ask

That would be great if you could. I still have been unable to wire up the controls so this would be great! :biggrin: