Guys please refresh my mind..

19Cutlass94

We can't get them in '94 or '95 anyway b/c of that fucking bastardized OBD 1.5 ...

And you're probably thinking of Ben (Vegeta) from 60DegreeV6

Like I said no "chips" available lol. You can tune the pcm though. hahahaha (on 96+)

Sorry I should have been more specific so they didn't get confused.

good luck being able to tune our PCM. I'm sure it might somehow be possible, but i don't think anyone's bothered b/c of OBD 1.5. What all else are you planning on doing Jay? Who's doing your cam?

Im getting a cam from MMS. Im also getting P&P heads ( 3 angle vavlve job, LS6 springs, fulcrom rockers ) cromoly pushrods, P&P upper and lower intakes, bigger TB........

And I really would like a chip to make it all run sweet, but the way its looking I might not be able to get a cam.......

you guys say OBD 1.5, but a couple of the mechanics I talked to said theres no such thing. Only OBD I and OBD II "1982-95 General Motors OBD I"

:dunno:

you guys say OBD 1.5, but a couple of the mechanics I talked to said theres no such thing. Only OBD I and OBD II "1982-95 General Motors OBD I"

:shrug:

They're full of shit. The system my and other '94-'95 cars run on is definitely not OBD I as it is most common. It's a hybrid, you have to have a code scanner to pull codes, and the programming has to be radically different, otherwise it would have been reverse-engineered by now. The ports are completely different.

They made code scanner for OBD I:

http://www.obd2.com/personal/personal_gmobdi.htm

But that whole thing is saying yeah there are different pins and such for OBD I and OBD II

"Some 1995 GM vehicles are OBD II compliant"

Im not trying to give you guys a hardtime at all. Believe me, but the forums here, are the only places Ive ever heard OBD 1.5...

Well all the scan tools Ive seen have OBD I and OBD II, and GP was saying that the pins are different, so then wouldnt there be a tool for OBD 1.5? But there isnt....

These guys have been mechanics for over 30yrs, some 40...... and some of em work on driveability... so there useing the tools and such all the time.

Im just trying to understand this.......

The OBD 1.5 cars use an OBD I 12 pin plug, but OBD I scanners cant read it. Hell, if I remember right, only a GM Tech 2 can pull the codes. I have heard of OBD II scanners sometimes working with an adapter, but sometimes they dont.

The ECM is like an OBD II unit, without the right program to run OBD II. GM was obviously anticipating the change, and designed the 3100 and PCM around OBD II, but OBD II wasn't around yet. So yeah, it doesn't use a chip and cant be flashed like an OBD II one. Live with it. :lol:

You say OBD 1.5 has no chip? If there is enough interest I might invest in some ROM equipment and offer ECU upgrades, but ya'll will have to help tune the ECU's. It would take a little while to figure out where the fuel tables are but I'm faily sure its doable

What's preventing someone from swapping the wiring harness, ECM, and ALDL connector from a true OBDII 3100 onto a 94-95 OBD1.5 car?

The 3100 should be the same correct? If you can swap a 3400 (99+) in place of a 94-95 3100, what's to stop a person from swapping the ECM and appropriate accessories for a full OBDII setup.

Maybe $200 for the harness, and ECM.

Might have to monkey with the C200 connector at the firewall, but other that that it should work, Right?

BTW: All the techs at my shop know of GMs OBD1.5, but none know it as 1,5, I have to describe the system, usually as "that fucked up shit GM did from 94-95."