Cutlass Convertible Rear Speakers

95 Cutlass Drop Top

On my 88' coupe all I had to do was pop the grilles and undo the screws. But since youres is a 94' like my sisters grand prix i'm guessing you have to remove the rear seat and then the rear deck so you can get to the screws.

Wow... the grille's come off? Never thought they did, but I guess I'll have to look a little more closely.

I don't plan on changing mine, as their hardly used, and I think the stockers are actually 2 way speakers instead of the cheap dual cone speakers that GM usually uses.

I don't know that they come off on a 94+.

91-93 had square speaker grilles in the rear which were a different design.

I could be wrong, but I think the ones on the 94+ are held in from behind with nuts.

Ok.. I figured they were. I remember looking for a place to pry on them one time, and they didn't budge, so I left them alone.

The only way to get them out would be to remove that whole side panel. It looks like a pain in the ass to remove. Plus, I'm sure something will break when you try to remove them, since it seems that everything on these cars is made so cheap.

Ok.. I figured they were. I remember looking for a place to pry on them one time, and they didn't budge, so I left them alone.

The only way to get them out would be to remove that whole side panel. It looks like a pain in the ass to remove. Plus, I'm sure something will break when you try to remove them, since it seems that everything on these cars is made so cheap.

Removing the panels is a pain, let me tell ya! I had to take mine out in my 91 Conv. to replace the window regulators. You end up taking apart the entire rear of the car. Seats, bow trim pieces and a mess of other items. Its not so much hard as it is time consuming, and be careful, the panels don't have a lot of give.

Jason

I have a 95 cnvt too. I ordered a whole kit from Crutchfield for the car. Then I went to install the front door speaker and realized something was the matter. They sent me the kit for the 94 and down. The don't even have a kit for the 95. I know on the front door, you have to take the panel off to get to the speaker. The grille is clipped on to the door panel from the inside. I am going to guess it is the same with the rear. If you find out let me know and if I get a chance I will look and let you know.