my "new" center armrest...

THe_DeTAiL3R

Got sick of the stupid factory graphite color... thought this would look better with my tan interior. It's got more of a "chocolate-ish" color than what it looks like on the screen. $6 sheet of vinyl I got enough to do like 3 or 4 of these.. lol

The flaws are enhanced by the flash too... looks better in real life.

img23427dr.jpg

img23430kk.jpg

(closest looking to the real color)

img23446cq.jpg

img23458hz.jpg

img23466hm.jpg

Now I just gotta find one with a non-broken hinge.. lol

Heres how it looked factory, if you were wondering.

interior2lk.jpg

Curious as to how it looks in the car...any pics?

Where'd you get the vinyl anyway? Some sort of fabric shop? I've got some door panels that need help.

You do realize that you could have just grabbed a tan one from a 95-97 CS to save you some time though right? :lol:

There are no 95-97 CSs in the junkyard nearby... and I'm sure they would charge more than $6 for an armrest...

I didn't want tan either... wanted dark brown. Plus this is BRAND NEW now. ;) I INSISTED on this color, the lady didn't really want to cut it from that one big piece but I just kept looking around until she did :lol:

Ya it was one of those girly fabric places. Can get them in as big a size as you want.

Not sure when I'll have pics (I'm embarrassed by my seats... want to change them first. The ones in that first pic are the crappy stock seats which I swapped out for my torn up grey AQ9s)

It looks 'ok' in the car right now... but I have some paint ideas in mind that will look good. I hate the crappy dull Pontiac plastic. Looks so cheap just like a Sunfire. My goal is to make it look like factory, only nicer.

It looks 'ok' in the car right now... but I have some paint ideas in mind that will look good. I hate the crappy dull Pontiac plastic. Looks so cheap just like a Sunfire. My goal is to make it look like factory, only nicer.

Sunfire's look like they are made of plastic.....everywhere. :willynilly:

Someone needs to design an updated hinge for those GPs!!

I think that Slick was actually going to do that a while ago back when he had his GP, but the idea got scrapped when the car did.

Here's a pic

IMG_2353.JPG

Dude how did you get a house rocking chair in your car for a passenger seat??? LOL it looks like the chair in my grandma's house......same material and same color!!! HAHA