1992 Black Auto Z34 170k+

z34_nut

So... I sold the BMW to my dad, and my dad sold that Camaro...

Now I'm left with the silver Z34 as my only form of transportation, and I don't want to beat it to death on the 35 mile city drive 10 times a week..(to and from work).

So... Just posted today on craigslist, was a 1992 Chevy Lumina Z34 auto with a grey interior (clean) and black exterior. The body is straight the suspension is tight (drove it) and the tranny is very smooth, no *thunks* into any gear, even under hard acceleration.

Details:

Body:

In great condition, always been in CA, so rust isn't even a concern... Bumpers/spoiler are a nice pastey "holey crap CA sun burnt me to death" hue. The hood, roof, and all metal paneling is 100% fine/glossy. (the pictures don't represent that) wheels look like new. This was at sunset how-ever, and I will be stopping by tomorrow during the afternoon to look at it again.

Interior: Spotless, minus the shift indicator. Its one notch off for some reason.

Undercarrage: Looks like it just rolled off the assembly line

Suspension: Firm, typical working factory suspension.

Brakes: All new, not even 1k miles on them. The have ALL records.

Engine: Clean, but has been worked on many MANY times. They have all records of when they purchased the car back in april of '04. They bought it non-running. I have no idea what exatly was needed to get it running. When they did finally get it running it had a high idle problem. Complete tune up was done 8-8-04 to try and resolve the issue. Compression check in all cylinders was checked. Compression good, new ignition system as of 8-19-05 because odd idle came back. Didn't fix the problem. Went to another in 12-14-05, checked all spark, compression and fuel systems. All were replaced with new delco equipment. Idle still high when cold.

In none of these records show any of the mechanics checking vaccum/intake gaskets/timing belt. I will check the timing belt tomorrow when I go again...

Now, I want this just for a daily driver... Some thing not to care to much about. My idea, body looks perfect. Get cheap macco paint, drop, wheels, and tint, and call it a cool cruiser if its as simple as timing belt or gaskets...

What do you guys think?

EDIT: One more thing...1,100 is the asking, I am thinking $800...I might offer $900 if they don't take that.

And the link http://sacramento.craigslist.org/car/147286245.html

For the price I'd go for it. As long as the underside is nice and clean like you said it was, I can't see why it wouldn't be a good car for you so you can save yours. I know for a fact that I can't find one like that around here at all in that condition for that price. If there is one, it's about 5k away from the j/y, unfortunately.

that doesn't look too bad actually. for a DD i think i'd do you good...offer him like $800 and see if he bites

and WTF you sold the camaro!!?!!?!?!?

that doesn't look too bad actually. for a DD i think i'd do you good...offer him like $800 and see if he bites

and WTF you sold the camaro!!?!!?!?!?

Yeah, like in September.

I would ge it, and not put any money into it. It's a daily!

Did you do the intake gaskets yourself? I know when I changed them on my last Z34 it was cheap as shit... considering they are...well...gaskets.

And yeah, my dad sold the Camaro because he couldn't stand driving it to and from work, it was killing his back, and its not the best commuter. So I offered him the BMW, because I know he would prolly take better care of it then me. He took the offer, sold the Camaro, and now I'm looking for a cheap daily driver that is accually worth less then the silver Z34.

i had the idle problem my intake gaskets needed to be replaced, it wasnt cheap

You had them done??? It only takes 20 minutes to take off the plenum, 10 to pull the fuel rail, and another 20-30 to get the lower intake manifold off.

Buy that baby! Its a perfect compliment to what you have now. You know how to care for the LQ1, so you should have nothing to deal with that you can't handle.

Well, the girl that owns the car is considering keeping it. I am severly disapointed because I was going to buy it. I am still in contact with the owner, and the girl may not keep it, how-ever if they do decide to get rid of it, it will be coming to my house.

If I can't get this one... oh well. I'll find a good daily.

Well, the girl that owns the car is considering keeping it. I am severly disapointed because I was going to buy it. I am still in contact with the owner, and the girl may not keep it, how-ever if they do decide to get rid of it, it will be coming to my house.

If I can't get this one... oh well. I'll find a good daily.

:sad:

That sucks, but you have to remember, there will be another Zedder like that, maybe in better shape, but probably not for that cheap. But there ares till good deals out there, and I'm sure you can find a good daily driver.

i had the idle problem my intake gaskets needed to be replaced, it wasnt cheap

You had them done??? It only takes 20 minutes to take off the plenum, 10 to pull the fuel rail, and another 20-30 to get the lower intake manifold off.

there was more than one gasket, i also blew a few hoses :(