Keeping the e-brake from locking

colwell

I drive a lumina z-34 and i was wondering if there was some way i could keep my e-brake from locking. I was trying to figure a way so i could do e-brake turns.

Step One: Learn about "dynamic weight transfer" under braking & acceleration.

Step Two: Don't wreck your car.

e-brake drifting is for idiots who can't do it with the pedals you're supposed to.

If the cable is tight enough, just pull and hold the e-brake release handle and pump the e-brake like its a regular brake pedel.

I hope you are doing this in the snow and not dry ground.

I've been doing that in my Z34 for two winters now. When you get the ass end of a Z34 sliding you better be ready for it. The ass end of these cars are HEAVY. Be careful, and make sure your coordinated enough. Practice in a open area first. Just be careful!! :) :)

Weight transfer as shown by example here :mrgreen:

it's just dropping the throttle suddenly, and turning. Be ready for it in your W body. This is the wife's car...what she dosen't know won't hurt her :mrgreen:

fcb62222.gif

yeah you really don't need the e-brake to oversteer any car...a STB helps a little tho and some snow but i can't pull it off on ice in the CS. Lexus does it with no effort.....my dad oversteers by accident going the speed limit around corners in bad weather.....sad i know.....it helps if you're alone in the car i'd think.....u know so u don't kill any innocent people when you flip.

i hate gm and their understeer. I'll have to invest in some stb and some bigger anti-sway bars or something. My car doesnt want to oversteer at all.

Addco rear sway bar.

That'll give you some understeer!!!

Also, tightening up the rear with a strut tower brace will make the car act like a rear-wheel drive vehicle... didn't even think about the sway bar... hmm... summer idea!

- RedFox340

Addco rear sway bar.

That'll give you some understeer!!!

Understeer is plowing, the car not wanting to rotate.

Oversteer is the rear end wanting to kick out.

If it still understeers with the 7/8ths rear bar, he's got a seriously fubar'd car. :lol:

If your talkin about the pedal ebrake then making it so it doesnt lock should be easy. just use a paper clip/wire/string and string it through the little hole at the top of the ratchet catch in the pedal mechanism then just rig it so that the catch cant fall down and engage on the pedal. - worked for me! If/when you take out the paper clip be very careful not to bend or push out the little spring in the pedal mechanism or it will pop out all the time and then you wont be able to get you ebrake to disengage.

Oops, yeah, I meant OVERsteer.

The Addco bar coupled with KYB struts in the rear makes it EXTREMELY easy to break the rear end loose in a turn if the ground is wet.

I don't know if that much oversteer is desirable in a FWD car though. One night there was a tree trunk in the middle of a dark country road whose speed limit was 55 and I was going 70. I performed an evasive maneuver around the tree trunk and the rear end got away from me, causing the car to do a 70mph 360 turn on dry pavement. It's amazing that the car never left the road!