are there auto tgp's?

toastemcutlass

I'm getting a t-25 turbo maybe two from a friend, and was just wondering what i have to do to produce correct vaccum for the trans to shift. also the power brake booster. anybody know, maybe from automatic tgp(if they exist)

All TGP's came with an auto.

If your planning on putting the turbo on your Cutlass you don't need to do anything to the tranny.

except stand back and wait for the tranny to explode if you don't have it rebuilt :mrgreen:

well it wouldnt be the first time, or second or third :( :lol: oh well i want to get a manual this summer.

Ya a' preachin' to the choir here bud. I went through 5 4T60-E's in my GTP in two and a half years :lol:

two were reaction drive failures

one was a diff explosion

one was a clutch band disintergrating

and the final was the chain breaking

Thank God for the GMPP warranty

how do i control the waste gate(i know vaccum) does the computer normally do that?

I believe the wastegates are springloaded.

:withstupid:

Robby

so if the tgp are auto can i use the computer from one?

Computer- Doubt it

Chip- No Way

Yeah the computer for the TGP is based on a MAP and MAT right? And toastemcutlass's is based on MAF, there for, no worky!

Robby

You are gonna turbo the 94 3.4 right? If so its the same thing that i am doing, same year same engine. I'm using a 91-93 DOHC ecm and wiring and am going to make it work.

computers:

you can use the stock one with MAF and use one of those aftermarket systems to 'fool' the ecm to add more fuel, wehter by a rising rate fuel pressure regulator or a fancy 7th injector setup. as far as the majority is concerned this code mask is untunable

you can put a tgp ecm in, but you have to swap in the wiring harness as well. It will control the engine fine, but at the expense of a lot of time tuning. Unfortunately you will loose your 4t60e controls

you can use the ecm from the 91-93 dohc which is tunable. you retain 4t60-e controls (have to change the internal trans wiring) but to get it to work on a 2 bar map is a lot of work

aftermarket ecm

You'll also need a TGP type modulator.

Non-aneroid or something like that.

Also a boost blowoff valve for it.

what is the modulator and non-aneroid?

whats the difference between blowoff valve and waste gate is the waste gate the excess pressure and the blow off is when all the pressure is let loose b/f shifts?

Guest Anonymous

The modulator goes in the front of the tranny. Non- aneroid is the type of modulator.

The think the blowoff valve he's talking about goes on the modulator. It's a check valve that let's vacuum go to the tranny but when making boost it bleeds it out to avoid damaging the tranny.

Couple of things.

* 3.4L DOHC will not work w/ a T25 period. you will NEED a T4 based turbo.

* w/ a MAF car you put the MAF in the intake side of the trubo and then use a FMU and possibly a MINI AFC (ZZPerformance.com) and fine tune the fuel w/ the mini AFC or the ICCU (standard style AFC).

* Get a 2nd stock front log manifold for the rear

* make a custom X-over and downpipe

TimG, Brian and myself are all Turboing our cars. Brian is using a Toyota CT26 turbo (looks large not sure what it is), TimG and myself are using T04B-H3's (or the eleged "T04E's" as we call them.. Long story.) as for the wastegates if you have an internal wastegate you can adjust the accuator arm to set the boost or run a boost controler to controle the boost. as for a external gate it has a set spring and it will run at "X" ammount of boost depending on the spring. or you can also get a boost controler to controle it as well.

RedZ

The above method is the 'fool the ecm' approach. Simple and effective, I'm just a glutton for punishment and am doing it the harder and better ;) way. lol

The CT-26 is actually a smaller turbo, probably equilivent to a smaller T3. It was originally from the 3.0 DOHC supra motor, some lag but could build 15psi of boost on that engine. After I bought it i found that it has some sort of T4 sized compressor wheel, so I should be looking at a little more airflow. Since my motor is a 3.4 and i'm not looking for anything more then 8-10 psi, it should work fine. The larger displacement of my engine will probably totally eliminate lag and the larger compressor wheel should provide enough air for 10psi.

As for why i chose that turbo, I have no clue...

ok found out more about the turbos, there not t-25 they are from an 86 daytona. from what i came up with it is a garrets/AiResearch t3

turbo_g1.jpg