Brake lights in spoiler....

Bake82

one of the bulbs in my spoiler for the brake light is out, and I see two screws on the back of where the light is but can't seem to break them loose...so is there any other way to change the bulbs? or do i need to break them loose? Also on my rear view mirror I have the reading lights and one is out...is there any way to change those lights?? I was looking and it didn't seem to me as if there were any screws to unscrew to change the bulbs...these little things are annoying me and I want to get them fixed soon...so anyways, any helps you guys can give me will be indeed appreciated...thanks

Guest Anonymous

On the spoiler the screws have to come out.

On the mirror if you look at one end of the lense there will be a small slot to pry against. The lense pops out and the bulb is there.

Those tiny 3rd brake light bulbs are pricey! Something like $10/each!

Holy SH*T! that's f*ckin ridiculas.. :cuss: well the only reason why I want to change it, is because I am planning on going for my full liscence and am thinking they won't let me take it with the little bulb out...they are REALLY REALLY PICKY up here in Canada...oh well..thanks guys..I'm going to see what I can do to get the light replaced!

Yeah, I changed all three in my spoiler and they are pricey.. I think they're xenon filled bulbs.. If you take the screws out (good luck if they're rusted) you will still have to carefullly loosen the cover, just don't over do it with force.

I put new bulbs in my girlfriends 89 sl in the crgo rack and they were $6 bucks a piece and if memory serves it takes 3 or 4 bulbs.They only lasted about 2 months and they burnt out again and i said the hell with it.As far as your lights on your mirror they are 194s you can get them at any parts store dirt cheep i replaced one side of mine with a blue bulb for giggles you can get them in other colors to.