how to tell a euro 3.1 from a euro 3.4

warwgn3

Ok, I think I just had a brain fart. I just thought that for the Lumina, there is a euro 3.1, a euro 3.4, and a Z-34. Since my Euro 3.4 has the looks of a euro 3.1, but the engine of a Z-34... could my Lumina be considered a "Z-34 wannabe"?

I kinda thought about that, cause I saw there is another Doug on this forum, but with a 93 Euro 3.1. I figured that I should do something to set us apart and not confuse the rest of us. Maybe change my sig to "1993 Chevrolet Lumina Z-34 Wannabe" or something.

well to tell a regular euro from a euro 3.4....it will have the "3.4" badge on the doors next to the Euro. Also, the black/red trim that goes around regular euros, is body color on the 3.4. Euro 3.4's only came in black, red and white. So, for example on a white Euro 3.4, the trim instead of being black with the red line....it'll be white with a red line. same goes for the other colors.

also, the taillights edges are also painted body color. Regular euros are black(cept 90, they're gray) Also, the bowtie thats on the center backup light housing, is red...on regular euros' its black(unless it says "chevrolet" on the 90-92)

hope this helps!!!

could my Lumina be considered a "Z-34 wannabe"?

I figured that I should do something to set us apart and not confuse the rest of us. Maybe change my sig to "1993 Chevrolet Lumina Z-34 Wannabe" or something.

the fact that your sig says "Euro3.4" sets it apart ....I definitely wouldn't call it a Z34 wanna be either :dunno:[br]Posted on: March 30, 2006, 08:23:54 PM_________________________________________________here are few pics of a white Euro3.4 that used to be in a local j/y....like mentioned above, note the trim is different and the tails are also white...

DSCF0036.jpg

DSCF0037.jpg

DSCF0003.jpg

DSCF0002.jpg

the black euro 3.4s are the hardest to tell apart since the ONLY thing on the exterior that denotes it as a euro 3.4 is the "3.4" badge next to the "Euro" on the doors

the red and white ones are spoted because of the trim colors like mentioned above.

So what if I pulled off all the badges, and hid the exhaust so you couldn't see it unless you crawled under the car? And is there a difference between Lumina's having "Chevrolet" on the reverse lights, and the ones that have the Bowtie?

So besides what you guys mentioned, there isn't really any way to tell from far away?, only up close?

heck, to most of us here it looks like any other lumina sedan

icon_nutkick.gifvery true...especially the black ones...

If you take off the 3.4 badge even with the dual exhaust which you can barely see, it looks like an average Lumina.

YOU FORGOT THE BADGE ON THE FRONT AND THE REVERSE LIGHT ON THE REAR!!!

A black 3.4 has a red bowtie on the grill. (all 3.4 euros do)

they rear light has the script in red. I have not seem one marked chevorlet(where they made?), but the bow-tie is red

and the 3.4 badging. otherwise they look identical. (sleeper!!!!)

in my experience, regarding blck scripted reverse lights...

the rear center light has chevrolet in 90-92

and the bowtie in 93-94.

but they can be swapped of course.

ahh yes i forgot that the grille bowtie is red also......

I cant remember if the "chevrolet" was red, but the euro 3.4 came out in 92...and 92 was the last year that the reverse light bar had "chevrolet" on it, 93 it went to the bowtie

ahh yes i forgot that the grille bowtie is red also......

I cant remember if the "chevrolet" was red, but the euro 3.4 came out in 92...and 92 was the last year that the reverse light bar had "chevrolet" on it, 93 it went to the bowtie

yeah, I was thinking about that. I want to take the "pink" bowtie off the grille, and put a 91-96 Caprice bowtie hood ornament on the top edge of the hood.