gas filler problem?

Euro

Ok, this happens i'd say 80% of the time im at the gas pump

its only certain stations and pump's. Usually the higher end pumps(BP, Shell) give me this problem

it wont let me go full trigger when filling gas. It will click off like its finished. I have to go maybe 1/6 trigger to fill up, taking forever. It wasn't bad before, but now its just getting re-god damn-diculous and annoying

is it just the pump being too sensitive?? or is there something wrong with my tank/filler neck?

Happens to me too. Its just the pump. And it usually does take forever to fill up the tank with gas, but some pumps itll go faster than others. But its just the pump, there designed so that if fuel comes back it shuts off, so you sone spill the gass on the ground, so when you wanna go full trigger, the fuel is coming out of the nozzle faster than it can go down the filler neck.

Ok, this happens i'd say 80% of the time im at the gas pump

its only certain stations and pump's. Usually the higher end pumps(BP, Shell) give me this problem

it wont let me go full trigger when filling gas. It will click off like its finished. I have to go maybe 1/6 trigger to fill up, taking forever. It wasn't bad before, but now its just getting re-god damn-diculous and annoying

is it just the pump being too sensitive?? or is there something wrong with my tank/filler neck?

I use BP and Sunoco almost eclusively for my car with a few exceptions. I have the same damn problem. I was wondering the same thing myself a while back Matt. lol

I had this problem on my TGP. The dealer recomended I turn the metal gas neck at the end 1/4 of a turn. It looks kinda odd when you pull the gas cap off. But I have not had a problem with it since. I used to do the pull it out a little big trick. That also worked, but my wife just couldnt grasp the idea. So she would only ever put 5 bucks in it, leaving a empty tank when I needed to go to work or something.. That was more agrivating then the pump clicking off..

I had this problem on my TGP. The dealer recomended I turn the metal gas neck at the end 1/4 of a turn. It looks kinda odd when you pull the gas cap off. But I have not had a problem with it since. I used to do the pull it out a little big trick. That also worked, but my wife just couldnt grasp the idea. So she would only ever put 5 bucks in it, leaving a empty tank when I needed to go to work or something.. That was more agrivating then the pump clicking off..

How the hell did you turn the metal gas neck? I read over what you said twice and I still don't get it.

I had this problem with my 88 GP after I had a new (used) gastank installed... never got to figuring out why it did it.

My 95 also did this, but after I got a new gastank and NEW FILLER neck (it was rusty and leaking) the problem went away.

I think that if you got any kind of leak, or if the vent tube is screwed up it can cause problems.

If it does it to me, i just pull it out a little. Then it will work fine.

I've had it where it didn't shut off after it was full before.

Yeah, that sucks.

I was at a station a few summers ago, and some lady in a Deville sat in her car(illegal) and it spewed gas everywhere. I mean the whole station was filled, I just laughed and left. She was like, "It didn't shut off!!!!"

Haha you guys should try my RX-7...the nozzle doesn't even go all the way into the filler neck.....it'll go half way and hit the other side lol....takes like 10minutes to pump that tank full......however my Lumina has never had this problem...I go full trigger all the time.....and top it off by shoving another 5 liters down it's throat when I start hearing that "fuller fuller fuller......FULL" sound...then I pump another 5 liters down and usually there is a BUMP and it all sucks down like there's an air lock

I hate it when your in a hurry, and you get the slowest pump at the station. Happens to me almost everytime Im there. but yeah it sucks. To pump in 20 bucks worth, which is about 8 gallons, takes me like 7 minutes.

I hate it when your in a hurry, and you get the slowest pump at the station.

I've heard somewhere (probably here) that the reason the pump can be so slow is that the inline filter is in need of replacement.

I hate it when your in a hurry, and you get the slowest pump at the station.

I've heard somewhere (probably here) that the reason the pump can be so slow is that the inline filter is in need of replacement.

Yeah, that or something within the pump. The filter is just a big oil filter. The average IIRC; is 1 1/2 gallons a minute.

haha well youd think for the price of gas they could get some decent filters in there :lol:

And cut down on profits!?!?!?! Hells no!!

You know the stations aren't the ones reaping the profits....

but that added up comes out to be some big bucks!!

thanks for answering everyone, I was hoping it wouldn't be something i needed to replace. I'll try having the filler tube out a little more :thumbsup: