soccrplayrgtp

Well today I drove my car around the block and made it 3/4 of a block, lol, got on the main road and it dies and wont start up..grrr full power everything!! but no starter engaging. Meanwhile my fans are hardwired so I wont overheat it while I test drive it, so I crawl under the bumper and grind my knuckles on the fans to get them unplugged. Finally Andy, my buddy thats with me, pushes me and I pop the clutch and she starts right up and drive off. I had to give it gas or it will wanted to die. When I shift I had to give it gas to keep it alive and i ground into every gear because of the high RPMS. I drove it around the block and finally get it back to the shop. I was getting exhaust fumes into the cabin so I made plates for the old strut tower top holes and caulked the cracks with flameproof sealant. I rip into my starter wire that I know works, and head straight for my clip where my "engine pull" diconnect is. Sure enough I forgot to tape it and it came apart. NOT THIS TIME, I got it all taped up lol! I bend my throttle cable bracket some and turned down the idle screw a touch and fixed my car's dying prblem. Next I put in my switch for the fans into the interior. I check everything for hot power and attach the switch and install it.. Hmm odd doesnt work.. well I beep it out and its got power, ok. Hmm the switch works; got power on the other side after I switch it to ON. yeah crawl under the bumper and sure enough it would help if I had plugged the fans back in :)

anyways, I drove it again, checked it for leaks. parked it. cleaned up my wiring mess and drove it around for a while.

Long story short I drove it around filled it up with some gas tonight!!

THATS FREAKING COOL!!

things to fix:

...?

Travis

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/665715

OMIGOD :lol: that is insane!!!!!!! I thought i was crazy!!!!

That is really sweet... but what a sacrifice to take your car out of service for so long!!!!

All that work for RWD!!!! :willynilly:

thanx everyone its SUPER DUPER exciting lol. I will be bustin ass on it this week and ill have some vids of it up as soon as I get running right!

ill have some vids of it up as soon as I get running right!

I was gonna say just get some vids up in general! But Im sure all your hard work will pay off soon.

Here's my question... got any pictures of it from the outside? I mean, how stock does the car look (if you don't start lookin' too hard)

--Dave.

almost isnt good enough.. I want this B1tch DONE!! yes thats the car, the blue RWD DOHC V8.

pics are in there somewhere around page 14 i think.. doesnt look much diff after I put on the 99 WS6 setup..

thanx gents,

so now I think I got my idle fixed, got my mufflers on and the finishing touches of my exhaust and a new fuel pump goes in as soon as I pick it up in the AM.. I also got plates and the damned thing registered so I dont get pulled over/ticket like last time :)

YAY.. hopefully I'll have videos and pics up by tomorrow night..

Last time I talked with ya, you were building a wiring harness for it, how did that come out or did ya get a j/y one and work from there.

Congrats man, thats a bad ass car.

well I was looking into building the harness and having the computer tuned.. but it was too much and too many codes had to be pulled for it. I also wouldnt have been able to do half as much with the computer and tuning like i can now, so I decided to buy a harness that was custom made for my motor.. I picked up a Holley Commander 950 harness and computer. Stress free plug and play :) its great but if I didnt have the money for it I wouldve had to sell my other car to buy it, its THAT expensive