Fixing Pioneers ?

supreme_style21

First of all, F U PIONEER! I'll never buy another Pioneer ever again. All of my Pioneers have failed.

Alright, this one has been used for about 4 months. It isn't a new model, so there is no warranty anymore. A buddy of mine bought it on clearance at his work and it sat in the box for awhile, then I bought it from him. A few days ago, I was heading to work and the speakers started getting really crackly-sounding. Shortly after, there was no more sound... nothing. I was pissed, as I had another 40 miles of road to travel, and doing it in dead silence wasn't going to be too enjoyable, so I popped the dash panel off as I was driving and pulled the CD player out and it was HOT AS FUCK... couldn't even hold onto the thing. Dunno if that has anything to do with it, but just thought I would mention. It appears to operate as it normally did, just doesnt' put out ANY sound. I've tried it in two cars, checked wiring, the whole nine yards. WTF is wrong and can I fix it? I'm so damn sick of buying CD players. Go to hell pioneer.

I had a Kenwood that did the same thing. I'm not sure what you have it it but Mine is in my 92 PA w/ Concert Sound II. Turns out one of the tweeters in the doors took a shit and blew up the Damn CD Player. The guy that repaired it told me that some of the old Gm's had some sort of resistance differance and that you have to disconnect the crossovers in the doors or It might Screw up the New Radio. I did it after he repaired it under warrenty the second time and haven't had a problem since. I've had almost every brand of CD Player Made and all although I don't have a Pioneer now because they all have the big gay knob that runs all the functions. I think Pioneer was the best Radio I've had.

I've had the best experience with Pioneer. It reads all my CD's regardless of how scratched they are and I've had it for almost 4 years. I had a JVC and a Kenwood H/U in my old truck for several years, and I never had a problem with them either. :dunno:

the reason you are having problem is you bought a store model version i bet.. you said it was not new, plus it sat around for a while in this guys basement or something.... god knows what happened to it in that time. did you properly ground the unit etc. if this deck was bought from a true pioneer reseller then you can have it repaired under warranty. Pioneers warranty is 1 year. just show orig receipt if they ask.

to anyone that thinks pioneer sucks... they dont, they make very high quality decks, i have one of their 760 watt amps for my subs and its awesome, i have 4x6 in the front of my car and they aound crisp and clear.. i have never had anything better ever.

like i said in another post somewhere, ive had my poneer for about 7 years, in three different cars (two of them twice) and i can only think of one time it even skipped, when hitting really bad railroad tracks at like 40.

like i said in another post somewhere, ive had my poneer for about 7 years, in three different cars (two of them twice) and i can only think of one time it even skipped, when hitting really bad railroad tracks at like 40.

My friend had a Pioneer in his cavy and all it did was skip on the road to work, and scratched the shit out his cds because they would get stuck in the player when it tried to eject them.

the factory cd deck in my Lumina (when it decided to work) never skipped over the same road, so I dunno.

I like Pioneer still, but there stuff is too flashy for my liking...hell even this Kenwood I have now is too flashy, but at least it works lol...stupid old delco cd players :@!

Ive never had a problem and will always use Pioneer decks.

As for fixing yours, honestly Id send it back and tell them whats wrong and have Pioneer service it. There very good about doing that. I wouldnt waste your time in doing it, because depending on how long ago you bought it ( checks original post ) 4 months, you should be able to get it fixed/seviced for free.

Yea yea I know everyone has had awesome experience with Pioneer.. I, for some reason, have not. Pertaining to an earlier post, it was not a floor model/display/whichever. It was a sealed box unit that was sold on clearance. My bro bought it and it sat in his house for awhile, as he did not have a need for it, yet it was cheap enough to buy for a spare. It was well cared for, I can promise you that. Otherwise, I know it is past its 1 yr warranty. A damn quality CD player shouldn't fail after a year. This isn't the first Pioneer I've had problems with. All I've owned has been Pioneer and every single one has given me problems. I want to love a name-brand higher quality unit, but Pioneer has failed me.. numerous times.. and I've given them 6 chances.

Another Little Tip about Pioneers is that you shouldn't buy them from Walmart those ones are junk. If it has buttons that light up amber colored it's probably a Walmart Special.

I have had really good luck with my Pioneers. I have been sponsored by them in the past, and forever will use them. In my GM cars, I always buy the 1.5 DIN direct fit radio. No "mounting kit" needed. You just transfer the bolts over from the old radio, and put them on the new radio and install. I have a Pioneer DEH-P47DH in my 6000 LE, I have a Pioneer Premier DEH-66DH in my TGP, as well as Pioneer 4ways in the rear deck, more Pioneers in the dash, and doors. No amps yet. dont know if I want to do that to the TGP. And if this new factory cd player I just bought on ebay doesnt work, I will be looking for another Pioneer DEH-P77DH for the 6000 STE AWD, and just buy the interface so my steering wheel controls work. The key thing is, if you buy the bottom of the barrel, you get the bottom of the barrel..

yeah I think your the only person Ive ever heard have trouble with Pioneers. But Ive always bought mine from dealers of them so that if anything did go wrong I can bring it back.

I mean if youve gone through 6? of them Im kinda thinking maybe theres something else wrong...

Dont forget the GM cars dont take well to aftermarket radios. It has something to do with the way the dashlight dimmer system works. But it can cause the aftermarket radio to overheat. Thats why I suggested the direct fit radio, and someone else mentioned to have a VERY GOOD ground.

^^ deff. Even on cold days, my Pionner is VERY HOT to the touch. But yet in all the years Ive had em, no problems. That could be one of the biggest reason why he keeps on going through them. The heat has gotta kill something in there.

I mean if youve gone through 6? of them Im kinda thinking maybe theres something else wrong...

Something like what? These have all been throughout several cars, so it isn't car-specific. They have all been w cars though. They're hooked up properly and installed properly.[br]Posted on: March 25, 2006, 02:16:25 AM_________________________________________________

Dont forget the GM cars dont take well to aftermarket radios. It has something to do with the way the dashlight dimmer system works. But it can cause the aftermarket radio to overheat. Thats why I suggested the direct fit radio, and someone else mentioned to have a VERY GOOD ground.

Eh perhaps that is the issue.. I'm not sure. My lights are always on, so the dimmer situation, if true, would be applied to it all the time. I dunno.

i too am disapointed in pioneers, i've never bought a HU as i hate how god awful bright they light up at night, but as far as i'm concerned their speakers sound like total piss. and certinally won't buy another set anytime soon.

if i was you, id get a newer 7 or however many band eq deck from a newer grand prix, they sound prety damn nice.

It sounds like the problem is a fried amplifier chip. All HU's built-in amps are just a cheap little chip, most have all 4 channels built into a single chip which is why you have no sound at all. I have replaced them before on Pioneer and JVC HU's, but they're all about the same. They're not too bad to replace if you have basic soldering skills. They usually look something like this and will be mounted or clamped to the heatsink. They're all different part #'s so you'd have to pull the old one out first.

Those chips don't usually fry on their own. I'd guess you have some kind of intermittent short or maybe too many speakers wired in parallel causing the impedance to be too low.

I duno I mean my Pioneer is ALWAYS very hot. Even the cd's are out when ejected. So Im thinking maybe his just keeps burning up those chips like Shawn said. Because in the summer, I when I take the deck out, I have to let it cool off cause its too hot to touch!

and Chris on every Pioneer Ive had, you can adjust how bright they are, but I agree I dont like their speakers.