floor mats

musthavemuzk

a friend of mine has a 90 cutty sedan and his wife has a 95 lumina. both have the ugly orangish tan interior. he took the floormats from her lumina for his as she opted for something else. they fit wonderfully alot better than the ones that came with his.

so i was wondering are mats common in yards and in good shape?

where else can a person find floor mats?

Monty

yeah I see mats in yards a lot, only problem is, most are pretty weathered. So, you just gotta get lucky and find some good ones. Dont know what will swap over, just got to a yard and try some.

Robby

I went to our u-pull-it like lot today. Everything is always trashed (cept a fiero that me and debs looked at). I even saw a early international CS, with EVERYTHING inside. But couldnt get into it at ALL! I thought about breaking the window, but couldnt do it. It even had rear buckets

Its a shame. I cant find ANYTHING out there for my somehwaat newer car, and then, to get anything (lke for my parretns 88 Celb) you have to lay all over glass and such.

Jon

where else can a person find floor mats?

Depends on what you want... if you're looking for stock 'color' to work with your car, it's either searching in a local yard like everyong is saying or head to the rip-off store I like to call a dealership.

Now, my Cutlass didn't come with any either when I bought it so I headed over to a local warehouse supermarket type places (called Cosco) and grabed a very nice, quality set that fits really well and I've been pleased with them. Now I got black, and with my charcol carpet, it gives it a slight highlighting. But after repainting some interior pieces like speaker covers and other things, it looks like stock equipment (pictures available if wanted). Check with K-Mart, Walmart, Target, Autozone, Checker, Pep-Boys, or anywhere that sell floormats. Look around, you'll find a set that'll work for you.

- RedFox340

i will pass on the mainstream store purchase.

as well as the stealer. though i could prolly get more of what i want that way.

i know i should know this but i do not.

any place that makes custom floormats?

Monty

RedFox, id liek to see some pics

I have the charcol interior too. Ive been checking out a set of mats at Sams Club for a while now, they have a dark gray and black. But the gray still looks lighter than my car. So I thought of just cutting some peices off the current ones to match, but id like to see how the black looks (since the speaker grills, console, and some other stuff down there is black anyways)

Jon

RedFox, id liek to see some pics

I have the charcol interior too. Ive been checking out a set of mats at Sams Club for a while now, they have a dark gray and black. But the gray still looks lighter than my car. So I thought of just cutting some peices off the current ones to match, but id like to see how the black looks (since the speaker grills, console, and some other stuff down there is black anyways)

Jon,

Here you go... they're a little big (in resolution), but hopefully you can see what I mean. What you can't see is the painted black speaker grills on the door and back above the rear seat. I'm planning on dyeing my seat black to match since they're fading out and I don't want to but new seats. Got the color idea from SuperBuick (thanks Tom :D ) on his Z34. Anyway, if you need more detailed photos, let me know.

http://strike9.com/file.aspx?path=/redfox340/fullsize/P4060003.jpg

http://strike9.com/file.aspx?path=/redfox340/fullsize/P4060004.jpg

http://strike9.com/file.aspx?path=/redfox340/fullsize/P4060005.jpg

- RedFox340

now lookin at that first pic redfox is just what i am trying to avoid.

the drivers side mat rolls up on the dead pedal.

with the 95 lummy mats they have this wonderful curve right there so it lays flat.

it does not help with me having kick pods for my front speaks.

i think the color matches fine.

Monty

The rear? One was gone, other was dirty (or ripped). The center console was torn up too. Im sooo tempted to go back and get the climate control and info system and put it on ebay, since no one there know what they are

Jon

I got a rear mat from the junkyard once. One of those 1-piece rear mats that are apparently pretty rare these days. It came out of a 91 GP, but was a perfect color match for Penny's '88 Cutlass.

Anyway, it was nasty, wet, soggy, dirty, moldy, etc. So gross, they said I could have it for free. I took it home and threw it in my parents' washing machine and tossed in a cupful of detergent. I couldn't believe it, because it came out PERFECT! Super clean and no flaws at all.

That was the only floormat I've washed that came out that great though. Our 94 Cutty came with Cavalier floormats in it for some reason, so I bought new ones and thought I'd Ebay the Cavalier mats. I threw them in my Maytag washer and the plastic thing in the middle wore off some of the carpet on one mat, and tore off some of the rubber spikes on the other. I even had it on the Gentle cycle! Go figure.

thanks agin for those pics, now im at schhol and can actualyl get them all the way :)

It looks really nice. And as a matter of fact, my interior is much darker than that (maybe caus of different years). So they should look great. I may hold off though, I like that embrodierd ones that SuperBuick had, and may see if I can find some Rocket ones.

Thanks

Jon

I just ordered mats with the Olds Rocket emblem embroided in the 2 front mats. They were $140 and takes about 3 weeks.

Yeesh... you must be making more or care more about floormats than I do; mine mean more to do the job, keep the crap off the real carpet.

- RedFox340

redfox340 wrote:

Yeesh... you must be making more or care more about floormats than I do; mine mean more to do the job, keep the crap off the real carpet.

Why? so you can sell the car with brand new looking carpet? They really can add to the interior of a car.

I Ordered them locally on Long Island the name of the place is AutoMat Inc. There web address is http://www.autointeriors.net/

Why? so you can sell the car with brand new looking carpet? They really can add to the interior of a car.

Yeah, when the time comes, plus it's great to get comments like "wow, how old is this thing?" and "yeesh, it's cleaner than my kitchen"... I'm a clean-a-holic but at the same time want the best that cheap money can buy; being a college student, I don't get much income and must work with what I can find! :D

- RedFox340

Redfox340 - I agree with the best cheap money can find. My problem was cheap money couldn't find a set that would fit correctly. They either bunched up or had to be placed on an angle or the color didn't match. I bought 3 sets of the off the rack and returned them. Some stores let me try before buying after 6-7 different mats I said F-it and went for the custom fitted ones. I'm a neat freak also. I like things neat, clean and proper fittng.

Redfox340 - I agree with the best cheap money can find. My problem was cheap money couldn't find a set that would fit correctly. They either bunched up or had to be placed on an angle or the color didn't match. I bought 3 sets of the off the rack and returned them. Some stores let me try before buying after 6-7 different mats I said F-it and went for the custom fitted ones. I'm a neat freak also. I like things neat, clean and proper fittng.

Know the feeling! Rock on! Let me know how those mats turn out if / when you get them.

- RedFox340