willsv8

the int lights stay on had to pull the fuse .did a search came up with it needed a new headlight switch. well i put a new one in with no luck i'm at a stand still with no int light.

please help hate to be left in the dark :(

info on car=1989 cutlass int 2 door 2.8 auto

check your door pins one might be busted off.......or not working

is there a way to check the door pins ?the pins push in ok thay look to be fine. how do you take them out?

I haven't gotten that deep into my car yet..... the door pins if they push in then might be fine you could have a pinched wire that is grounding the interior light circuit. meaning that the lights are staying on and if thats the case you could either put in a fresh wire or use a quick fix of electrical tape. the MAIN point it could be pinched at IMO is under neath the passenger side A piller where the lighting wire runs down to the fuse block or on the fuse block its self. I mean i can't tell 100% without seeing the car for myself i've been chasing shorts on my 88 for about 2 years now so i don't know if i'm going to be much help if any :oops:

im having the same problem my int lights wont go off so i pull the fuse and then ill put it back in some other time later like a few weeks and itll work fine for like a day then it will do it again.... i have this problem ontop of the dashlights not working still... but i found that when i had the fuse in for my int. lights the dash lights would work fine then the second i pulled the fuse the dash lights went off again WTF????????? and the light behind the armrest wouldnt go off so i had to pull the bulb out and i recently went to a junkyard and picked up a new headlight switch to se if that was the problem but it wasnt so wtf i dunno what to do now?????????