STE brake lights (Bossman429, look here)

Robby1870

So, I got bored today and looked at the DIC thing behind the glove box. I took the glove box out, pressed the brake and simply wiggled the connector pictured below and had my friend stand behind the car and see if the brake lights came on. Low and behold, they did! So, I took the connectors off and cleaned the contacts. Brake lights still work. The first picture is the module itself and second is what looks like a burned contact, dont know how that happened, but it all still works. Just thought I'd give you the heads up.

HPIM0133.jpg

HPIM0134.jpg

Well, I'll be god damned!

I was poking on that, but thought it was related to the ABS. When I unplugged one side the ABS flashed on the DIC, I think.

Kick Ass! Thanks for that Robby! My DIC flashes STP LAMP out every once in a while, and the left brake doesn't come on, but after 2 or 3 more brake presses it goes away, and works fine. I figured it had to be losing the brake signal through the DIC module.

I'll have to try cleaning those contacts, and put a little dieelectric grease in there.

Thanks again!