Poll (please vote)

97loudcut

Sholud I sell my system and use the money for performance parts?  

1. 1. Sholud I sell my system and use the money for performance parts?

well I think I am kinda outgrowing that whole system thing. Just as I outgrew the sticker on the front windshield thing. I would like to get an UD pulley, some dog bones, and eventually lower it.

let me know hat you think

I say yes. :) You said you are kinda outgrowing the whole system thing, and you seem like you want performance stuff more than you do a stereo. So, I say sell the system and get the parts that you want.

8)

I voted yes, but don't waste your money on performance parts for a 3100. It's slow. Use the money for a 3400 and swap it in. You get more power out of that than doing mods to your 3100.

I voted yes, but don't waste your money on performance parts for a 3100. It's slow. Use the money for a 3400 and swap it in. You get more power out of that than doing mods to your 3100.

x2

yeh but I like my 3100 plus I cant afford a swap...my rent would kill me

"why do you put money into something that gets you from point a to point b"

-rents

i voted no....an UD Pulley wont do a whole lot for your car. Plus, why dont you just get an UD pulley?? they're like $60 arent they? im sure your systems' worth more than that

If anything, sell part of the system and put something cheaper/different in. But do it in a way that you'll have some money left over if you still REALLY want that UD pulley, although I wouldn't waste my time b/c it's a 3100 in a heavy ass car.

If anything, sell part of the system and put something cheaper/different in. But do it in a way that you'll have some money left over if you still REALLY want that UD pulley, although I wouldn't waste my time b/c it's a 3100 in a heavy ass car.

:werd:

Sell off parts/upgrade different ones so that you have a nice sound system that is loud enough but not 100lbs of junk in the trunk. Maybe list what components you have in the car and their $$$, then we can better help you out. I mean, you could have a bunch of big crappy Pyramid amps that are loud but sound like crap and aren't worth anything, or you might have some expensive stuff that is worth alot. :shrug:

ps. If you really got ALOT of $$$ into your system that you can sell, that should be able to cover a good portion of a 3400 swap...

I gotta agree with Slick, and Jeremy on this one ...

you should sell the system, and get a 3400 to put in there - get a junkyard motor, rebuild it, and do whatever performance things you can to it before ya put it in the car ...

-rents

there's a couple easy responses to this one ... first is: It's your money, not theirs, and the second is: Because getting from point A to point B should not have to be a chore, it should be a time when your focus can be on the road rather then whether or not your car will make it there - and with putting in a new engine, or a rebuilt used engine, you increase the reliability, along with the addition of more power - plus new engines will get better gas milage (once they're broken in)

--Dave.

-rents

You're going to CMU in the fall right? Here's my advice.

LEAVE AND NEVER LOOK BACK....ohh and bust your ass at school.

That's all I have to say....ohh and swap a 3400 in.

-rents

That's the way my parents are. They (or one of them for sure) thinks that a car should be a transportation device, nothing more, nothing less. :roll:

well you guys first off when it comes to car audio I know my shit and I know what sounds good so i don;t need your afvice on products because ive had 4 diff amps and 4 sets of subwoofers.

the more I think about it I really dont have a race car and I am going to be getting some things soon (new gauges and AWebs door sills) so I think I will keep the system and juts visually upgrade and start saving for a diffrent w-body (preferablly a nice z34 5 speed or grand prix gtp)

I SERIOUSLY CANNOT THANK ALL OF YOU FOR ALL YOUR INPUT THIS W-BODY SITE REALLY IS A BUNCH OF KNOWLEDGABLE NICE GUYS.

Sell off parts/upgrade different ones so that you have a nice sound system that is loud enough but not 100lbs of junk in the trunk. Maybe list what components you have in the car and their $$$, then we can better help you out. I mean, you could have a bunch of big crappy Pyramid amps that are loud but sound like crap and aren't worth anything, or you might have some expensive stuff that is worth alot. Shrug

ps. If you really got ALOT of $$$ into your system that you can sell, that should be able to cover a good portion of a 3400 swap...

I'm with C-BAD on this one. If you want your system to be louder or sound better (or both), you can do that for a modest amount of money- or alot. It's really up to you. Just my $.02. 8) Good luck on whatever you want to do.

a 3400 swap ( if you rebuild and mod motor ) will cost much more than you can get for your system. Although it is do-able. Personally Id get a better system and wait for something to happen to the 3100. I mean its not like the 3100 is a shitty engine cause theres plently of people who like it, it just doesnt have a place in performance.