What do you use to clean tires?

Bake82

I am just wondering what you guys use to give your tires a shine? I'm experimenting with some stuff to see what works best and was wondering if you guys had anything to recommend...thanks guys

I use armor-all tire cleaner, the white foam stuff. Then when that drys, I but Black Magic tire shine on there. Stays shiny for like 3-4 weeks

Robby

Armor All Spray on tire foam. Gets the tires clean, and black. I don't go for the super shiny look, just the clean, new, black look. Easy to apply, affordable, and easy to clean up.

That black magic stuff pissed me off. I used that on my lumina once, and haven't touched it again. Pain in the ass to apply, and it may give you a hell of a shine for a while, but after seeing all the dirt and grime that stuff collected, I about spewed! I swear, I spent about 10 minutes on each tire with cleaner, and a scrub brush cleaning them off. That was only after having it on the tire for a week, I'd hate to see what 3 weeks would have done. :shock:

yeah that is true Luke, that Black Magic does attract dirt. Usually, I clean my tires everytime I wash the car which is like once a week, so it doesnt bother me too much.

Robby

All I'm gonna say is MEGUIARS!

'nuff said...

Do you mean the meguires endurance high gloss stuff? I have that right now and it looked pretty good, I was just wondering what else other people use to see if it comes up better....

What is the black magic? is it kind of like a black wax you put on your tires?

I use the cheapest STP tire gloss crap Wal-Mart sells.

Works fine for me, and lasts long enough till the next rain (which is usually 1-2 days after I washed the car).

Only thing is it looks like crap where it gets on the wheel itself.

I've been meaning to make myself a shield out of cardboard to cover the wheel when I spray on the stuff, but never get around to it.

All I'm gonna say is MEGUIARS!

'nuff said...

Do you mean the meguires endurance high gloss stuff? I have that right now and it looked pretty good, I was just wondering what else other people use to see if it comes up better....

What is the black magic? is it kind of like a black wax you put on your tires?

The black magic is a clear liquid that is simply sprayed on.

Robby

I use comet cleanser or castrol degreaser to clean the tires, thats all. nothing else goes on my tires. I use to use that Black Magic stuff but I got tired of scrubbing those crosslace wheels every two days because that of that stuff slinging off. Comet works very well for cleaning white lettering on tires too! :) :)

The thing with Meguiars is that they have the CONSUMER line of produects as well as the PROFESSIONAL line, the latter being superior, obviously:)

Autobody supply stores carry the pro. line.

I use the Armor-All tire foam spray too. It's cheap and effective. Since my car's white, I had a problem with the liquid stuff in the spray bottles. I used Black Magic ('cause it's cheap) and Armor-All Tire shine stuff, and it did make my tires shiny, but after wiping down the wheels from the over/under spray my arms were pretty tired, lol. Also it left black spots all over the quarter panels from where the stuff never dryed before I drove the car. Then you gotta wipe that off and it becomes way too labor intensive for an '89 GP. That's my 2 cents! Steve

p.s. Bake, Whatever you did to the tires before you took your pic; just keep doing that. They look good!

p.s. Bake, Whatever you did to the tires before you took your pic; just keep doing that. They look good!

Steve,

well i used armor all on my tires but that was like JUST after applying it and I find the shine or the blackness doesn't stay in the tires for very long... I have seen on tv some good results with the eagle 1, and meguires....I think I'll try that stuff...thanks guys for your input!

hahahahaha. i wanna make a funny analogy to that but its X ratedness should be left to the whatever section damnit. use ur imagination. haha what a retard

Heheh, back when I was 16 and had no money to spend on tire shine products, I actually put used motor oil on my sidewalls!!! :oops:

I actually was quite happy with how they came out considering it cost me no money!

Heheh, back when I was 16 and had no money to spend on tire shine products, I actually put used motor oil on my sidewalls!!! :oops:

I actually was quite happy with how they came out considering it cost me no money!

What else you gonna use it for

Robby

I use Comet and a scrub brush to clean. I then spray Meguire's Rubber/Vinyl conditioner (No. 11??) on a damp sponge and wipe the sidewalls.

I can't stand that shiny Armor-All look. If you want that look, just mix up some sugar water and apply it.