Febuary 21, 1997

97loudcut

That is the date that the last Cutlass Supreme ever made rolled out of the manufacturing plant in Fairfax Kansas.

I wonder if my car was one of the last few.. any ways to tell?

How would that help...I mean I had a CarFax on the car done before but it doesnt tell you the date it left the plant..

BTW can you tell me how many of the Cutlass SUpreme were made that year so I can put "1 of _ _ _ _" seing as I have a "pop up" sunroof :D

How would that help...

your VIN number will tell you what number your car was out of the total number of '97 Cutlass Supremes....obviously the closer to the total number produced, the closer to the end of the run it was...

A total of 59,524 Cutlass Supremes were produced in 1997. Out of

those, 10,197 were coupes and 49,327 were sedans.

take the 12-17th digits of your VIN to figure out what number out of 59,524 it was

Wow one of the first ones ;)....don't feel bad, my Lumina might as well be an '89 model.....it was one of the first ones since my grandma bought it in fall of '89

Let's see

90- 7/90

97- 2/97

96- 12/95

My 90 must have been almost one of the last ones for a 1990 model. I seem to recall seeing stickers in the car saying "7/5/90.. so I'm wondering if that's the actual day it left the plant? The 97 is the same with 2/23/97 so I'm curous.

A total of 59,524 Cutlass Supremes were produced in 1997. Out of

those, 10,197 were coupes and 49,327 were sedans.

take the 12-17th digits of your VIN to figure out what number out of 59,524 it was

so the last 6 digits of my VIN are like 225XXX, so does that mean I have the 225,XXXth Lumina built in '91? there weren't even 200,000 Luminas regardless of trim level built in '91

Guest donkeykongrape

I am wondering the same thing. Supposedly my cutlass is the 320,xxx'th cutlass to be produced, even though there were only like 96,000 of them made in 1992 :roll:

How do we properly determine this?

I am wondering the same thing. Supposedly my cutlass is the 320,xxx'th cutlass to be produced, even though there were only like 96,000 of them made in 1992 :roll:

How do we properly determine this?

ask GM