and the results are in :(

89BuickRegalGS

rolled by the shop today to see if they had diagnosed what was wrong with my car...

Not good:(

They fixed the problem that caused the car not run in NC (for those of you who have read my previous posts on my car, you know waht I am talking about).

But the mechanic says now I have a 5 cylinder car, and because the car has 182,000 miles on it (2.8 liter) its not even worth seeing why I am not getting compression on one of the cylinders (only 26lbs).

So i have payed out over $600.00 to have a 5 cylinder car :(

damn

save your pennies for a replacement motor. Hell find a TGP motor or something. I figure, if your gonna have to get a new motor, you might as well upgrade. Your compression loss could be a number of things, like valves not seating right, your piston may be screwed up too. I would figure the valves arent seating correctly. That could be caused by carbon build up on the valve faces or your springs are worn out, which will cause the valves to not travel as far as they should. But more than likely, its something to do with your valves, if your feeling ambitious.

Robby

think about your 5 cylinder this way. Honda is making 5 cylinder motorcycle engine that will make like 200HP at the rear wheel. The bikes gonna run like 9 sec ETs. So, there always potential.

Robby