relocate the battery?

toastemcutlass

looking to put my battery on the other side of the car so i have more room for a new intake setup. just wondering if it matters the angle i mount my computer? just asking cuz i know the abs has something that needs to be mounted and i'm not sure where its located.

You would be better off putting it in the trunk. The kit is like 45 bucks at any performance shop. I did that with mine and it took less than two hours to do. :)

If you do any drag racing or see alot of drag cars(mainly BB fords and chevy's) you'll see that they store the battery in the trunk. You probably can make it go around the battery, only with alot of modifying. By putting the battery in the trunk you can mount the filter element(cone style) in the fender or to another place of your choosing and out of the hot engine bay. The battery is just in the way. If you have a 3.4L(LQ1), you don't have much room to begin with anyways. :) :) :)

yeah theres a hole in the body right where the battery is. I have seen a lot of people put the filter in that hole, cuz it gets cold air that way

Robby

yeah theres a hole in the body right where the battery is. I have seen a lot of people put the filter in that hole, cuz it gets cold air that way

Robby

Hence the name COLD AIR INTAKE. :) :)

What's so bad about putting it in the trunk? You get better weight distribution. All the kits I have seen come with a ventilation line of some sort, and plus your battery should last longer. I know it gets hot in the trunk on a sunny day, but nowhere near as hot as your engine bay. If you make the intake go around the battery the air will encounter more resistance and lose velocity, as opposed to a straight intake tube

Well in a fwd car you want the weight in the front since thats where the drive wheels are.

I dont like the idea of it being in the trunk because its much more likely to get bumped by something. Also it will be more of a PITA to jump start.

What's so bad about putting it in the trunk? You get better weight distribution. All the kits I have seen come with a ventilation line of some sort, and plus your battery should last longer. I know it gets hot in the trunk on a sunny day, but nowhere near as hot as your engine bay. If you make the intake go around the battery the air will encounter more resistance and lose velocity, as opposed to a straight intake tube

I've heard it's good for the battery, but depending on the gage of wire used, people have fried their alternators... is it then worth to conversion? If its more stresson the alt, I say no. For you guys that have moved it to the rear, what did you use? Any problems? Downfalls?

- RedFox340

I've heard it's good for the battery, but depending on the gage of wire used, people have fried their alternators... is it then worth to conversion? If its more stresson the alt, I say no. For you guys that have moved it to the rear, what did you use? Any problems? Downfalls?

- RedFox340

I myself have had any problems with it. I have heard of people heard of frying the wire from the battery to the starter mainly because of the size of the wire(too small). I have 2 gage wire from the battery to the starter. My ground is mounted to the frame stucture in the rear. I've had this setup for over a year now and not one problem to speak of. :) :) :)

The only reason you would want all the wieght in the fronts is if you plan to drag race. everyone knows a 50/50 wieght distribution, or close to it, makes for a more balanced car through the corners. All the wieght on the front and your handling will suffer.

yeah i want to keep my trunk clean and the other side of the fender is a perfect place for it. iv got the huge kandn and i want to build a plexy glass box that covers it and sucks all the air from the fender and gets rid of all the damn exhaust heat. also going to try bypassing the coolent going into the throttle body.