Went to look at a car!! PICS added!!

Regal_GS_1989

A 92 cutlass international coupe. Apparently it is fully loaded. It has, power moonroof, HUD, DIS, 3.4, CD player, I think SWRC, power seats but not leather, quad buckets. mini quads, etc.. The car is black, but could use a good wax job. The one downside is that apparently the trans is shot. I have not seen the car yet or heard it run, but i am going to look at it either friday or saturday. The guy is asking 500$, which around here is a steal, cause the only cars that you can get for that price are either wrecked, or rusted beyond recognition. It still has a valid safety inspection too. I am going to see it with the assumption that the diff exploded, but i may be lucky and find that it is a simple problem. IF the timing belt is still in good shape, there is a really good chance that i will be the proud owner of black cutty coupe 8)

Well i went to look at it today and i think i may have just bought a car :mrgreen: Here are some pictures of it after it was extracted from a snow bank.

100_2726.jpg

100_2725.jpg

100_2724.jpg

100_2718.jpg

100_2723.jpg

Other than the engine being filthy, it appears to run really well. I checked the timing belt, and it looks like the trans blew up on the way home from getting it changed. Its Brand New!! There wasnt so much as even a spec of dust on it. The front valve cover leaks oil, but that is an easy fix. There are only a few little flaws that i can find with the body. There is some bondo that is cracked on the front of the hood, but that can be covered up easily with a bra. There is also another crack with a little piece that is missing on the pass. side rear quarter. Also, one of the tail lights has a very small piece broken off. The paint is in a lot better shape than i had thought. It really only needs a bath. Now for the interior. It is in nice shape, but there are a few things that caught my eye. The signal switch may need to be changed, as it started to smoke when i put the signal on. I may just be able to re bend the contatcs and clean them up. It was too bright, but i couldnt tell if the HUD was working on it or not. The dash was not warped by the defroster vent at all, and the only visual flaw is the armrest cover is torn up. Should be a fun little project for me. I should be able to get a used trans for around 300$. So for around 800$, i should have a really nice little toy. I cant believe that im gonna own an LQ1 car. I never thought that i would see that day :lol:

Unfortunately, those are the only pics that i took of the car. I have not picked it up yet, but i will get more pics when i get her to her new home. I dont have any big plans for it as of now, just a thorough detail for the moment and fix up a couple little quirks. And i will be turning the wheels into pace car replicas come fall.

Reminds me sooo much of one of my old elementary buddies dad's car(he had a niche for Oldsmobile and Olds memorbilia, has a 30 something olds). Exactly like that one you picked up!

Well i got her home today. I cant wait until i can put in a new trans and drive it. The interior is basically mint. Just needs a good cleaning. And the exterior is in really nice shap. I will post up some more pics of it during the day tomorrow

:shock: gonna sell it soon?? that car is hawtness...has everything i'd want minus one gear...

Dude, everyone wants a DOHC 5 speed combo. It's like an achievable dream car. While everyone else wants Lambo's and Ferrari's we can actually achieve our dream car. 1992 Chevrolet Lumina Z34 5 speed! Or a Cutty 5 speed would be awesoem too! Nice car again man! Getter cleaned up when the weather gets nice!