Adding factory XM to a 2004 GTP - anyone do this yet?

jtemail

Just bought a 2004 Grand Prix GTP yesterday. It has the premium audio system and the competition package. Anyone got a good contact on how to add the factory XM radio option in after the purchase? I imagine I need a different head unit and an antenna. Anyone know the part #?

I don't want to pursue aftermarket solutions until I know I have to. I want to know what it would cost to do it GM's way before making that decision. I have aftermarket units in 2 other cars.

Have you checked with the dealer? Odds are they're the only ones that will be able to do it, especially with the warranty, they probably won't just sell you the equipment to install yourself

If i remember right, it's a $350 option on the new GP.. kind of expensive, but almost worth it to have it all factory integrated.

The new GM 2-DIN radios need to be programmed with your vehicle's VIN and options list in order to work, so it's not something you can install yourself.