Car was acting weird last night.... quick question

Intlcutlass

The brakelights wouldn't go out. The only way I could get them to turn off was to pull the fuse.

Is the brake pedal switch the only thing that would turn them on???

I had to drive this morning, and when I put the fuse back in, everything was fine...

I am just trying to figure out if the switch is on it's way out???

Maybe out of adjustment, and your pedal came up by itself a tad more over night??? Did you try pulling the pedal back todards you more (I know most come back all the way, but my pos doesn't lol)....

Yep... I pulled the pedal back...

I wonder how last nite, the switch could have been out of adjustment, then today fine again....??

It mush be like right on the boarder of alignment...??

There should be a small switch thats "tells" the brake lights to come on. Sometimes that switch will stick and no release once the pedal is released. Probably the problem. had that on the 'ol '96 when I had that car.

PM III?

No abs here :D

Runt: do you mean the brake pedal switch in the white case above the pedal itself?? Thats what I am thinkn about anyway... I just found it wierd that last night it was not working, then this morning, it was fine....

Aaahhh, if it acts up again i'll replace it....

this happened to me a while back, i left for school and the brake lights and left turn signal was on. pull off your steering wheel and clean the turn signal switch and that should help. or replace it. :D

this happened to me a while back, i left for school and the brake lights and left turn signal was on. pull off your steering wheel and clean the turn signal switch and that should help. or replace it. :D

I monkeyed with the turn signals when it happened... they functioned normal.... Good thought though...

Like I said... if it does it again , I will replace it...

here's a random thought ... how 'bout a little moisture on the switch causing the problem, the moisture dried overnight and now it's working fine...

not a real good theory, but one that "Could" happen.

--Dave.

Usually it is just the brake pedal switch. If you pull up on the pedal they'll go off, but you have to get up at the switch and readjust it to fix it. It could need replacement, but usually just readjustment. I know I covered the proceedure once on here, if you need to find it later.

Usually it is just the brake pedal switch. If you pull up on the pedal they'll go off, but you have to get up at the switch and readjust it to fix it. It could need replacement, but usually just readjustment. I know I covered the proceedure once on here, if you need to find it later.

Thanks for your help....

Hows the TSTE runnin?