I'm a fuckin idiot. I sold my baby last year. ARRRGH!!!

tornado_735

Sorry to hear about your injury, and I hope that you do not encounter more complications with it down the road. :(

Either way, welcome to the forum! Feel free to avail yourself of our massive base of knowledge, wit and pure lunacy. :cheers:

I dont know where you are located at. But I will tell you about a 2 door olds cutlass I found today for sale at a dealership. I beleive it to be a 88-92 model (doesnt have mini quads), grey exterior, with a grey cloth bench interior, digital dash but not full guages, power windows and locks, cruise, tape, 3.1 v-6. Runs and drives. Now here is the kicker, it only has 42000 miles, yes that was 42 thousand. The dealer is asking 600 bucks only cause he doesnt have a title. Now i will be honest with you, it does need some work. Tires are shot (dry rot killed em) and a small dent on the hood, with a little paint peel on the roof. But other than that, its completely driveable. Let me know if you are interested (or anyone else for that matter)..

Sorry to hear of your medical problems.

There's always hope, I too sold my baby (1994 Cutlass Supreme Vert) back in 1999. I also bought that same car back in 2002. Yep, exact same car. So beleive, we all do dumb stuff once in a while.

These guys are awesome. they've been responsible for my ability to replace both front and rear struts, replace my alternator (3.4), fix my passenger side door handle (just needed adjustment). Next up will be to reseal my rear window and fix my dash that has warped. Now before you say anybody could have done that, keep in mind that I'm a 50 something old broad, with little to no prior experience with fixing cars. I mosttimes don't even know what to call a part or piece on my car. These guys have helped anyway.

good luck, Keep your fingers crossed, your baby is out there. She will find you.

Thanks y'all. I'm pretty much ok now. My back only hurts when it's been a hard day, and even then, I put up with it. Besides, every cloud has a silver lining. If I had gone, I'd have not met my girlfriend, so that's a plus.

But anyway, thanks for the info. I am in Columbus, Ohio. I'm really like a 1991 Cutlass Supreme 4dr, like I had before. Mine has almost every option, short of the airbag, ABS, and some other little things. But I loved me car. I had SO MANY good times in that car. I made alot of Taco Bell and Waffle House runs in that car at 3am. She was good to me. *sniff*

Anyway, like I said before, it's good to be back. :mrgreen:

From what I have been seeing, that car I talked about earlier in thread is either a 90 or a 91. Since it has the 3.1 that means it has to be a 90 or later, and since it doesnt have the mini-quad headlights, means its a 91 or earlier...

From what I have been seeing, that car I talked about earlier in thread is either a 90 or a 91. Since it has the 3.1 that means it has to be a 90 or later, and since it doesnt have the mini-quad headlights, means its a 91 or earlier...

I dont have mini quads

I have a 92

Sorry to hear of your medical problems.

There's always hope, I too sold my baby (1994 Cutlass Supreme Vert) back in 1999. I also bought that same car back in 2002. Yep, exact same car. So beleive, we all do dumb stuff once in a while.

How did you manage to buy back the same exact car? That's so freakin cool. If you have any pointers for doing so, please share.

Anyway, sorry to hear of the medical problems you've had, Tornado. I too know what its like to part with a car that for whatever reason, just was the RIGHT car and a GREAT car, and no matter what nothing seems to be quite the same.

I had a 1988 Buick Skylark two door. It had the Gran Sport suspension setup, nice alloys, beefy tires, black out trim (look at pics of the dark red Regal GSs and you get the idea) and black out grille - and 150 HP Quad4 and let me tell you, this car could FLY. Ruby Red was the official color that was printed on the window sticker (original owner had saved EVERYTHING for that car, and I do mean EVERYTHING). The car was meticulously maintanined in and out.

I put over 50,000 miles on it (college car) and only had an alternator, heater core, and an ignition coil crap on me. The 02 sensor took a crap about every 6 months or so (the Buick dealer couldn't figure out why but always replaced the sensor under a warranty so after the first shot it cost me nada), but overall, the car was reliable. It ticked over 100,000 shortly after the heater core went south and my parents decided to get me something "more reliable" to keep going back and forth to school. Of course, the rub was that the Buick was traded-in, and the other rub was that I just couldn't bring myself to ever really like the car that it got traded in on - a 1996 Saturn SL1 (which, unlike the Buick did strand me once or twice). It simply wasn't the same. The Buick seemed to have a personality all its own. I babied that car like there was no tomorrow.

I've always wanted to try to find it and buy it back but have had no idea as to where to start. If the chance to buy it back ever fell into my lap, there would be no hesitation - I'd buy it right back. It's kinda funny that a lot of us seem to have that car that was "the one" that for whatever reason...

Kevin

Yeah. I don't know what it was. I was rough on my car at times, but I loved it. I wrecked it three times: The first time, I was being stupid on a gravel road and had a date with the hill leading into someones yard. No major damage, just snapped both the fog lights off. The second time involved ice and a ditch. That time, I hit the ditch so hard, I though it ripped the front end off. Not so. All it did was snap a power steering line that was leaking anyway, and stuff a bunch of grass in the tailpipes. Third time involved a deer. I caught his back half, and spun him into an oncoming truck.

The truck won.

Again, I got out expecting to find a headlight hanging by the wires, but was once again surprised.

Never EVER should have gotten rid of that car. :x

kknobl - I live is a very small community, Pop less than 15000. The guy who bought the car kept getting speeding tickets and being a young person, insurance was out of sight, so he traded it back in for a cowboy cadillac (pickup truck). A salesman at the dealship where he traded it in, knew me and recognized the car. He kept calling me to try to sell it, finally made me a deal I couldn't refuse. Seems like alot of young men wanted the car, but were hard pressed to afford the insurance. Lucky me.

Plus, since 1997 (when I moved here) I have seen only 2 more of these cars, one white one in a town 40 miles from here and another red one that's a 1993. The kid that owns it stopped at my house one day asking questions, we now wave when we see each other. I can't tell you how many times people that know me will say that they've seen my car somewhere and it really hasn't been me. That kid goes to some interesting places. :lol: