My W is rusted like no other *56k warning*

psychopyro31106

if that's jeremy's new STE, did he not look underneath before buying it? that's got unsafe written all over it.

and whoever started this topic, that's common surface rust on any car over a few years old. stop worrying, your car wasn't flooded. the seat belt bolts can wick moisture up the threads, or get rusty from the water off your shoes.

here's what mine looks like...i don't know why yours are that bad. I'm in the salt and snow too... :shrug:

DSCF1289.jpg

Because your car is undercoated. I can see the overspray everywhere. :wink:

And that STE is terrible :!:

It strikes me as troubled for the mileage (63k), plus the interior PAINTED pieces being rusted!!!

I guess I am comparing to my 92 accord and my 79 malibu...

My 1979 Malibu was a rustbucket. Looked like I had stored it in the Morton Salt factory.

Even before I got the car almost 4 yrs ago, it never was really rusted at all from being outside in the PA winters. :shrug:

Yes, the undercoating is why my cutlass is almost rust free on the underneath. When it's such an advantage to use it, I don't understand why more peple don't do it.

wow my car doesn't look like that at all...

and what the hell WAS this ?!?

DSC00034Small.jpg

The Titanic

:lol: :lol: that's what I was thinking at first too

that's where one of the trailing arms connect to the body.

here's what mine looks like...i don't know why yours are that bad. I'm in the salt and snow too... :shrug:

DSCF1289.jpg

BASTARD!

Thanks guys you yet again have answered my question perfectly, although the local board is still thinking otherwise... (W hating bass turds) :bash:

Yeah, that is at the trailering arm. That hole is from the jackstand we set it there. And when I took it off the jackstand didn't want to come out and then it came out with a bunch of rust.

Yeah, that is at the trailering arm. That hole is from the jackstand we set it there. And when I took it off the jackstand didn't want to come out and then it came out with a bunch of rust.

:shock: Is this Jeremy's car we're talking about here??

and what states give tickets to people with rusty automobiles....I think that PA is one?

Yup I believe they do give you tickets occasionally for driving a rust bucket.

and what states give tickets to people with rusty automobiles....I think that PA is one?

Thats probably exterior. If the frame and things are too rusty it won't pass inspection either. And when I say the frame too rusty, I'm talking holes...lol.

But really....even on the exterior of cars if the rust is too bad it has to be fixed.

Thats probably exterior. If the frame and things are too rusty it won't pass inspection either. And when I say the frame too rusty, I'm talking holes...lol.

But really....even on the exterior of cars if the rust is too bad it has to be fixed.

got'cha...at least you dont have to deal rock salt.

WHAT??? thats not rusty, thats average, if not good around here in any rate.

Exactly why I would NEVER, EVER consider buying a car that has ever lived in the northern US. I won't even consider buying a car that has lived any further north than where I live now.

Psychopyro's car has more rust than any of my W's. My 89 is the worst of them all, and it's not even half as rusty as Psycho's. If cars got that rusty around here, I'd move.

The northeast's perks is we don't get hail or tornado damage :) Call it a tradeoff. Cars on LI don't get rusty like the mainland, mostly since we have milder weather because of the surrounding water :o My 11 year old car has maybe 5% undercarriage surface rust. Go to say, NJ, and look under cars in used dealer lots, and it's a different story.

The northeast's perks is we don't get hail or tornado damage :) Call it a tradeoff. Cars on LI don't get rusty like the mainland, mostly since we have milder weather because of the surrounding water :o My 11 year old car has maybe 5% undercarriage surface rust. Go to say, NJ, and look under cars in used dealer lots, and it's a different story.

:lol: Good point!

Actually, all this bad weather is pretty new for this area, starting in '03... previous tornado to '03 was 1983... 20yrs between bad weather isn't that bad, but it seems like the frequency is increasing. If this shit keeps up, I'm definitely considering to move.

How's the weather in New Mexico or southern Oregon? :lol:

Northeast Oregon is great. My Cutlass has absolutely no rust on it, course you need moisture for rust and our average precipitation is only 5 inches a year. Guess that's why they call it High-desert. :lol:

Yeah, California has a great climate, but cost of living is crazy high ($500,000 for a house that costs $50,000 here). Not to mention they have a lot of annoying automotive laws, and a lot of annoying laws in general. My supervisor was born & raised in Cali, says everything is much better here except the climate. I'd definitely like to visit Oregon someday... their weird law that you can't pump your own gas bothers me a little, but I could get over it.

Oh well, supposedly it's extremely unlikely for a tornado to hit the same place twice, and it's definitely cheaper to get hail fixed than rust holes. If I only didn't have so many W's hogging up garage space, my truck would be fine!!!

ok, so heres the story, I had a busted intake gasket the day got it, a month after getting that fixed my transmission went out, with no hard driving or neutral drops. I took a tire off because It was low in my garage, and see this...

132777935.jpg

132777274.jpg

132777289.jpg

132777292.jpg

132777928.jpg

Upon further investigation

132777930.jpg

132777946.jpg

132779137.jpg

132779142.jpg

132779146.jpg

132779149.jpg

This leads me to believe that this car was flooded at one point... :evil:

My car was getting a little rusty underneath, parts of it looked like yours and mine is a 99! :?

I bought a southern parts car and took care all of that though. Heres some pictures of the progress:

http://www.blownv6monte.com/photo/thumbnails.php?album=4

Car has since been undercoated and looks 1000x better.