My W is rusted like no other *56k warning*

psychopyro31106

ok, so heres the story, I had a busted intake gasket the day got it, a month after getting that fixed my transmission went out, with no hard driving or neutral drops. I took a tire off because It was low in my garage, and see this...

132777935.jpg

132777274.jpg

132777289.jpg

132777292.jpg

132777928.jpg

Upon further investigation

132777930.jpg

132777946.jpg

132779137.jpg

132779142.jpg

132779146.jpg

132779149.jpg

This leads me to believe that this car was flooded at one point... :evil:

are you serious? even my Cutlass is in worse shape than that, and it's not bad at all for a New England car...

have you never seen rust? where do you live, mexico?

I can't find it anymore... but there was a 88ish regal coupe with the front of the driver side drag link draggin all the time on the road.... with part of the body attached... Now... THATS RUST!!!!!

psychopyro31106, the only think that is tuuelly rusty on your car is the strut pictured up close in the 4th pic. Everything else is simple surface rust.

... why not take a look at my post "my rear brake adventure" in the suspension/breaks section and then we can compare who's got more rust.

--Dave.

Dude what are you smoking?!

That is all surface and easily fixable. Take a look at my photobucket and look at rusted w's. The bolt on the seat every w that comes into contact with water at one point or another is going to have that.

Yeah my 95 is rusty (maybe not quite that bad, but pretty close).

My 88 now THAT was rusty... all the frame on the bottem was starting to crack through to the point I was getting afraid to go under the car. LOTS of rust would fall off by hitting stuff underneigth. That's why I got rid of it..

Yeah, that's not bad at all. My 94 was way worse. At least I can still see paint on YOUR suspension. My gas tank isn't rusted at all though.

Rest assured that you have one of the least rusted first gens I've seen in awhile. :lol:

It strikes me as troubled for the mileage (63k), plus the interior PAINTED pieces being rusted!!!

I guess I am comparing to my 92 accord and my 79 malibu...

It strikes me as troubled for the mileage (63k), plus the interior PAINTED pieces being rusted!!!

I guess I am comparing to my 92 accord and my 79 malibu...

You mean the seat bolt which is by your feet?

it might have been sitting for a little while with the windows up and on top of grass, but that's still no flood evidence. Change the struts and mounts soon as I'm sure the rear mounts will fall apart soon....other than that, looks all average to me.

Who's friggin STE and tell me thats a parts car! :shock: